As Acronis is dedicated not just to Cyber Protection but to the general protection of its potential and current employees, recruitment and onboarding process are being held online during the current global COVID-19 situation.
Acronis leads the world in cyber protection - solving safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security (SAPAS) challenges with innovative backup, security, disaster recovery, and enterprise file sync and share solutions that run in hybrid cloud environments: on-premises, in the cloud, or at the edge. Enhanced by AI technologies and blockchain-based data authentication, Acronis protects all data, applications and systems in any environment, including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile.
With dual headquarters in Switzerland and Singapore, Acronis protects the data of more than 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 150 countries and 20 languages.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to support the documentation kit of a worldwide cutting-edge technological solution - Acronis Cyber Cloud. We make tools to help enterprises be cyber fit by protecting and managing their ever-expanding data. Our products involve cutting-edge technologies and deal with physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Acronis software is used in 145 countries around the world and available in 25 languages.
- Writing online help and user/administrator/developer guides in English, from scratch, in parallel with the software development process
- Creating other documentation for enterprise-level software products (best practice guides, hardware configuration guides)
- Reviewing GUI text strings as part of the software development cycle
- Mentoring junior team members to help them excel their writing skills
- Contribute to the Company standards for technical documentation
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle, from concept to final product release, and the role of a technical writer in this process
- Experience with Jira or another issue tracking system
- Experience with source control systems
- An eye for detail and consistency
- English at a level no less than "Upper-Intermediate"
Would be considered as an advantage:
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems, programming concepts, virtualization platforms, and other related technologies: Linux, MS SQL, MS Exchange, virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, RHEV, Citrix), Active Directory
- Knowledge in information design and structured authoring
- Experience with MadCap Flare
- Attractive remuneration
- Public Transport Support
- Multisport card
- Additional Health & Dental insurance
- Annual paid leave of 25 working days
- Free fresh fruits in the office
- Free drinks (Coffee/Tea/Water)
- Free parking slot
- Tickets for conferences and seminars
- Challenging atmosphere and interesting projects
- Future career development in a multinational company
- Offsite events and parties