Acronis is a fast-growing global technology company with highly skilled specialists and offices in over 18 different countries around the world. We have over 300 software developers from different countries working together to develop sophisticated and innovative technology into world-class data protection solutions.
Acronis Arizona R&D is looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our team. We are a full, self-managed delivery team developing key platform components for Acronis' flagship products. You will join a Tempe-based but currently remote team, working with software engineers from around the world at our other R&D centers. It is a fast paced and technically complex environment, so a high emphasis is placed on both skill and effectiveness.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Design and develop high-performance software for Cloud services, Backup Agent components, etc.
- Review and maintain code, keeping it simple and efficient
- Write unit and functional tests, ensuring the components are robust and reliable
- Participate in architecture discussions and project planning meetings
- Effectively work and communicate with teams located onsite and offsite, and in different countries and time zones
For this position, we are looking for somebody who either has or is able to quickly demonstrate abilities with some or all of the following technologies:
- Golang: all of our new service development is done in Golang.
- PostgreSQL: we make heavy use of databases, and we use PostgreSQL primarily.
- Kubernetes/Docker/CI Pipelines/MAKE/shell
- Operating Systems and User-Machine Software: Acronis interacts heavily with client machines, experience with non-web-service software development, particularly user applications in Windows and Linux.
- HTTP APIs: we need people who understand HTTP APIs from verbs to oauth to TLS, as well as familiarity with nginx, DNS and other key application-level technologies.
- Python, C#, Java: this will get you bonus points or would be considered in place of Golang, in conjunction with existing basic fluency in Golang and strong skills in SQL and other key areas listed here.
In addition to technical skill, we have certain working characteristics that we value:
- Teamwork: we prefer to work in small teams and leverage the effectiveness of multiple minds on a problem.
Independence: we prefer to give the engineer responsibility and empower their (responsible) decision-making.
- Willingness to learn: we are constantly engaging new problems and technology, and success for us requires a willingness to seek out solutions to new challenges.
- Collaboration: We work with other teams inside and alongside Acronis, and as a platform team, they are our critical customers. Their customer satisfaction is critical to our success.
Beyond the skills and requirements for the base role, we have needs and opportunities to grow in the areas below, assuming the candidate is interested:
- Requirement refinement and technical design: Working with architect and product planning teams to clarify and refine requirements, participate or lead technical design and architecture of new products and features.
- Technical leadership: ownership of a domain of expertise or service capability and the opportunity to drive its design and improvement.
- People leadership: Taking on the unique challenge of leading people to project success for the delivery of software.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.