Acronis brings complete Cyber Protection solutions to its customers. As the Malware Cyber Security Analyst, you would be part of our global Cyber Security team fighting against modern threats by supporting products with the latest threat updates and intelligence, and by participating in the development of new threat detection technologies using automation and Machine Learning methods.
Working for Acronis, you’ll get the chance to support world-class software products that will be used by millions of people around the world, every day. That is why we are looking for people who feel as passionately as we do about protecting the digital world of the future.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and global environment. They should possess a positive attitude, tenacious work ethic, attention to detail, and eagerness to learn and be challenged. And just like every other position here at Acronis, they should embody all 5 of our company values: responsive, alert, detail oriented, make decisions and never give up.
- Analyze complex malicious code and binaries from suspicious websites and files
- Reverse engineer malware using static and dynamic tools and techniques to understand the behavior and root cause
- Develop and tune threat detection rules
- Support automated machine learning detection pipeline
- Conduct online research for the latest cyber threats, attacks, and developments within the malware landscape to develop and maintain proficiency in techniques, countermeasures, and trends
- Help customers detect and remediate malware attacks and threats within their digital ecosystem
- 2+ years of work experience in a Malware Analyst or Cyber Security Analyst role
- 2+ years of experience in reverse engineering and malware analysis
- Experience using static and dynamic analysis tools for multiple systems and file formats (windows executables, exploits, scripts, etc.)
- Experience in malware analysis:
- Static and dynamic/behavioral malware analysis
- Network traffic analysis (Wireshark)
- C/C++ and x86 assembly language
- Usage of disassemblers (IDAPro) or debuggers (OllyDBG)
- Strong understanding of common attack techniques and methods, types of malware, network protocols, OS/Windows internals, etc.
- Software development experience: Python, C/C++, REST APIs, SQL, Regular expressions
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Unbeatable curiosity, flexibility, and proven ability to learn new concepts and skills quickly
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Certifications Strongly preferred (or equivalent):
- GREM – GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware
- CREA – Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.