Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is hiring an experienced tech-savvy Senior Manager of Technical Enablement to help enable the productivity and high performance of the Global Sales organization. In this position, you will roll up your sleeves to develop, deliver, and support global training and enablement initiatives, manage logistics, and work with stakeholders across Acquia to ensure alignment to our sales methodology. This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is self-motivated and creative. This role supports our Sales force of ~300 Acquians across the globe and an active Channel Partner network.
In this role, you will be responsible for measuring, and enhancing the performance and effectiveness of our sales organizations. The ideal candidate has proven success analyzing and understanding performance data, developing and delivering targeted product training, and engaging with cross-functional stakeholders.
Act as Technical Subject Matter Expert
- Develop, facilitate and execute a multi-tiered product training strategy for Sales teams including follow-up and reinforcement
- Partner with Product Management and Product Marketing teams to understand the ongoing product release and launch schedule. Facilitate training in accordance with our corporate communications strategy
- Using a variety of modalities (ILT, VILT, eLearning), develop and deliver effective sales training content that aligns with the corporate product and marketing strategy as well as key messages.
- Engage key stakeholders and cross-functional leaders to ensure readiness for training
- Refine existing sales training curriculum in alignment with evolving business priorities
- Manage the relaunch and ongoing Force Management methodology enablement program, inclusive of becoming a certified facilitator, managing the program calendar and the team of certified facilitators
- Provide technical assistance to Sales Onboarding programs, inclusive of content development and delivery
Ongoing Enablement Initiatives
- Collaborate with the Sales Enablement Specialist and key internal stakeholders: to gather corporate updates.
- Contribute content to a weekly newsletter for Sales and communicate periodic news alerts as necessary
- Plan and execute monthly global sales meetings
- Develop and manage training assessments in conjunction with product and sales enablement trainings
- Develop and maintain process for product certifications to be completed by the Sales organizations
- Lead or assist with the content development and execution of our annual Global Sales event
- Continuously evaluate training programs, identify gaps, and implement solutions
- 4+ years’ experience in Sales and/or Sales training for a high tech organizations with the demonstrated ability to transfer skills and knowledge to a group and/or individual
- Strong understanding of sales process and techniques utilized by both Insides and Field Sales teams
- Experience acting as a liaison between Product Management / Marketing and Sales organizations
- Strong meeting management and group process facilitation skills, with ability to structure small- and large-group meetings to achieve pre-defined objectives
Training and Enablement Experience
- 3+ experience as instructional designer/content facilitator
- Self-starter with an exceptional ability to identify behavioral and knowledge gaps and develop training to address them
- Training delivery and/or instructional design experience
- Familiarity with eLearning authoring tools such as Camtasia, Learning Management Systems
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- High competency in the following areas: highly collaborative, strong oral and verbal communication, excellent multi-tasking, planning, process and project management, effective decision making, results-oriented, ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as cross functionally, to accomplish required goals
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask in fast paced, dynamic environment
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.