Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
The Customer Experience Engineering team at Acquia is responsible for the Acquia Cloud API, UI, and other associated services, including authentication, profile management, and entitlements.
As the Software Engineer, you will...
- Work in highly collaborative environment with front and back-end engineers, product managers, and product owners.
- Develop performant, extraordinary and delightful Customer-facing UIs.
- Design and develop performant, object-oriented applications and APIs using PHP.
- Add to system architecture discussions, lead projects, mentor junior team members, and deliver high quality, tested code.
- Develop and review user interfaces using custom Angular/React components.
- Build automated tests.
- Collaborate with your team members to review their work and have your work reviewed in turn.
- Work with other teams in deciding, developing integrations with other subsystems.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team to build shippable product increments that meet the goals set by the Product team.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, including planning, development, automated test construction, deployment, and operations.
- Craft and develop unit and system tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production multiple times per day.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for public and internal use.
- Provide product support to internal and external partners.
- Perform in team environment where your team owns and operates the services you build.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Use sound rationale for problem identification and decision making, and can transfer that knowledge to other specialists on the team.
- Want to perform in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only your team but internal collaborators as well.
- Strive to consistently achieve excellence, not only for yourself, but for your teammates.
- Are passionate about crafting and maintaining high quality software that provides direct value to customers.
- Enjoy refactoring code as you strive for continuous improvement.
- Enjoy collaborating with multiple partners.
- Have a passion for User Experience.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 3-5 years of experience with PHP (Show us your GitHub profile)
- 1+ years of experience with various AWS services (SQS, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation, Kinesis, RDS, and API Gateway).
- Have hands-on experience building and operating large and sophisticated user interfaces.
- Have familiarity with design patterns; and write clean, maintainable code.
- Experience working in Agile and continuous delivery environments.
- Familiarity with modern CI/CD tooling, as well as experience writing unit and system tests.
- Familiarity with container-based application deployment using Docker or similar runtimes and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially redefining product requirements into development plans.
Extra credit if you…
- Experience with Design by Contract, Domain-Driven Design and CQRS (Nice to have)
- Experience with additional programming languages.
- Have experience with Drupal development, or another PHP framework.
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.