Job Title: Associate Support Engineer
Job Location: Remote, India
Acquia is the open-source digital experience company. Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
We’re looking for an Associate Support Engineer to join our Support team to help provide comprehensive technical application support and analysis in a fast-paced SaaS environment. In the role, one must be able to work directly with customers in high-pressure situations; have strong analytic, organizational, time management, and communication skills. We’re looking for a team player that possesses the willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction. This role is cross-functional interacting with Engineering, Operations and Professional Services teams.
What will you do?
- Interact directly with customers to isolate, reproduce, troubleshoot and resolve data and product interface problems
- Use problem-solving, critical-thinking and multi-tasking skills to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Maintain a detailed understanding of product architecture, technical components and application functionality
- Use troubleshooting experience to create and update our team Knowledge-base articles, Troubleshooting Guides, FAQ’s, and other related support collateral.
- Ability to mentor and display leadership and ownership of issues
- Demonstrated experience with SQL, TSql, PL/SQL or similar database programming language experience. Of particular importance, SQL Aggregate functions (COUNT,SUM,MIN,MAX,GROUP BY)"
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, JS and other web technologies, MTA, SMTP, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience communicating at all levels of client organizations.
- Ability to function and thrive in a team environment with an appreciation of aggressive goals
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues and identify root causes.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or a related field
- Familiarity with “Big Data” concepts is a plus
- Experience in a SaaS environment is a plus
- Experience with Drupal or other CMS is a plus
Why Acquia Support?
- A genuinely fun place to work. We're a tight-knit team with a lot of energy and opportunities to work collaboratively with others, both in Support and across Acquia as a whole to improve our offerings and customer experiences.
- We're not a call centre. Acquia is looking for engineers, not someone to just answer the phone. We provide opportunities to constantly learn and grow your technical skills while solving sophisticated challenges involving cloud technology.
- When we say work/life balance, we mean it. Paid quarterly on-call, and a liberal vacation policy mean a role where you can have a life, not just a job you can live with.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a globally inclusive working team.
- Adopts a team approach, acknowledging and appreciating efforts, contributions, and compromises. Recognises the common purpose of the team and respects team decisions.
- Demonstrates integrity by aligning Acquia's values with behaviours.
- Demonstrates that they are more concerned with doing the right thing than being right. Acts courageously and does the right thing, even when it's hard to do.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.