Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015. Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
The Customer Support Specialist provides customer support for our software services division. This position will work closely with technical support, integration consultants, customer success managers, and software developers to understand the product and current issues surrounding the customer service of our multiple applications.
- Handle daily customer support triage, through email, live chat, and phone to support web-based products and services
- Interact with customers and troubleshoot problems to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
- Assist customers with best practices for Widen products, product updates, configurations, and training
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with customers in non-technical terms while maintaining empathy, courteousness, and professionalism
- Provide excellent service for a wide range of customers from various industries, educational institutions, political and religious organizations with equal treatment regardless of personal beliefs of the organization
- Document, track, and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution for the customer
- Interact with other members of all Widen teams to effectively handle internal questions and issues to be resolved
- Make recommendations and improvements to internal support documentation
- Make recommendations regarding online knowledge base articles
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion in your everyday work to create an environment of respect
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held, in any form
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least two years of customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and soft skills
- A genuine interest in helping users solve their problems
- Working knowledge and understanding of Mac and Windows operating systems, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer browsers
Employees have the option to work remotely, from the Madison office, or a mix of both. Access to the office and other amenities are available to all employees — no matter their chosen work setup — to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Widen is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Please note the hours for this role will be for UK (9am-5pm GMT)