Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015. Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
We are looking for a UX Designer who is passionate about user-centered design and delivering accessible software. The Designer - User Experience (UX) creates engaging user experiences using clean and modern design.This position works through multiple levels of fidelity starting with a problem statement, exploring concepts, and delivering specs that are developed into functional, reliable, and pleasant user interfaces. Projects range from strategic discovery with Researchers, to functional concepts with Product Managers, down to tactical execution with Engineers. Designers work on a cross functional sprint team with engineers and a product manager, and closely collaborate with their fellow UX team members.
- Partner with UX designers, UX researchers, content strategists, and product managers to gather persona insights, test, and iterate on designs
- Sketch task flows, process flows, and page flows
- Create prototypes leveraging established pattern library and product usage analytics with HEART framework
- Collaborate with UX researchers on discovery and prototype feedback needs, and help communicate research findings to the Product & Development teams
- Build awareness and give meaningful critique across apps, be able to effectively collaborate and support design efforts throughout the Collective
- Create high-level page content and layouts (static and interactive wireframes)
- Create and deliver spec’d interactive prototypes to front-end developers
- Collaborate with UX design colleagues to drive forward our design style guide, pattern library, and component library
- Facilitate brainstorming and co-design activities with internal stakeholders and customers
- Contribute to product strategy, thinking beyond incremental features
- Demonstrate strong awareness of the domain problems we seek to solve and advocate for user empathy
- Demonstrate commitment to bettering the team environment
- Build and advocate for user empathy
- Self-directed, takes on work that needs doing without direction from leadership
- Academic training or a certificate in UX Design fundamentals
- At least two years of professional experience as a UX designer
- A portfolio that highlights design areas of strength
- Proficiency in Sketch, XD, Figma, InVision, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site hierarchy for web applications
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to work quickly and shift priorities frequently
- Strength and strong interest in information architecture and interaction design aspects of UX
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
Employees have the option to work remotely, from the Madison office, or a mix of both. Access to the office and other amenities are available to all employees — no matter their chosen work setup — to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Widen is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.