Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015. Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
The Product Manager identifies market opportunities and customer problems and drives solutions that fit our larger product portfolio. Together with Research, Design, and Engineering, this position guides an agile team to build solutions that solve market problems. This position owns the sprint team’s product priorities and backlog.
- Identify market opportunities for one or more product areas
- Conduct competitive analysis of similar products in the market
- Work close with Marketing, Sales, and CSMs to position the product and take it into the market
- Work with Marketing and Sales to set pricing
- Demonstrate strong awareness of the domain problems and seek to solve with empathy for our users
- Demonstrate commitment to bettering the team environment
- Become certified in the Pragmatic Institute's Foundations, Focus, Build, Market and Launch courses
- Work with the User Experience (UX) team to research and understand customer problems through onsite visits, video calls, and interviews
- Work with the UX team to validate problems, prototypes, and solutions
- Own the product roadmap and communicate it to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive the execution of the solution with an agile development team by identifying the problems, representing the voice of the customer, and validating the solutions
- Drive the implementation of new product features through clear communication and project management to meet deliverables in the roadmap
- Work with the Customer Success team to change-manage new, updated, and retired features
- Understand the technical advancements and limitations that drive product decisions
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to find opportunities for product advancements
- Set product metrics that measure and drive product utilization, and map to Widen’s larger strategy around customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion in your every day work to create an environment of respect
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held, in any for
- Formal education in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or a related field
- At least three years of experience working with SaaS software in product management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Team-oriented: ability to motivate and work well with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate internally and with customers/partners
- Require little direction from team leaders and anticipate the needs of the team
- Self-directed, take on work that needs doing without direction from leadership
- Knowledge and work experience in agile methodology
Employees have the option to work remotely, from the Madison office, or a mix of both. Access to the office and other amenities are available to all employees — no matter their chosen work setup — to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Widen is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.