Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015. Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead the continuous delivery of Widen's industry-leading Cloud and SaaS products using Agile processes. You will report to the Sr. Director, PMO and manage product requirements with internal stakeholders, and drive projects through the entire project lifecycle. You will also have responsibility and authority for managing milestones, schedules and processes required to track and deliver the products, and communicating and mitigating risks in the context of time-to-market requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong project manager to manage a motivated cross-functional team, make data-driven decisions, and be a significant contributor to Acquia’s success. Your passion for creating reliable and repeatable systems, critical thinking, in-depth technical and business acumen, exceptional project management, communication and interpersonal skills will motivate our teams and establish trust across cross-functional and cross-organizational stakeholders.
- Driving execution of high value deliverable: Organizing projects and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Drive the project through the defined product lifecycle: Work closely with product managers, product owners, software engineering managers, design leads, software engineers, QA, SREs, operations managers, support and other critical stakeholders to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time) as agilely as possible.
- Manage schedules and budgets of projects: Clarify and drive commitments and priorities, establish and maintain clear chains of accountability, and clearly communicate to stakeholders
- Address bottlenecks and risks: Identify risks and bottleneck and raise potential solutions for tradeoff, if needed. Balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
- Understand release interdependencies and look for areas to improve: Drive towards solutions for delivering complex, multi-tiered cloud systems
- Take responsibility and ownership: Own release schedules and milestones, keeping up the high momentum of our fast-paced environment
- Partner with multiple teams: Reconcile the priorities of multiple cross-functional teams to ensure the timely delivery of products, and establish trust across all stakeholders
- Minimum of years of relevant industry experience delivering software releases
- Excellent written and verbal skills; maturity, judgement, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Agile processes and the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Familiarity with or desire to learn about Cloud technologies, distributed systems, and the latest trends in networking, storage, and data centers
- Passion to improve processes, increase velocity, and promote empathetic, collaborative relationships a must
Widen offers an extensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; and PTO. Besides the competitive compensation and benefits package, Widen believes in a flexible work schedule, community involvement, parental leave, life-work balance, and the benefit of wellness.
Employees have the option to work remotely, from the Madison office, or a mix of both. Access to the office and other amenities are available to all employees — no matter their chosen work setup — to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Widen is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.