Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report and rated a leader by the analyst community. Acquia’s India office is a Great Place to Work certified organization. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is looking for a proven and senior Drupalist, able to lead on day one, who has experience technically managing an Agile delivery team. You have several examples of successfully managed and delivered Drupal builds in production. You are able to take technical and business requirements and guide a team on delivering tested and working code. You are innovative, bringing your own ideas and suggestions to the project. You know what it means to be collaborative, and play well with others.
Responsible for …
- Managing a Drupal-focused engineering team
- Guiding career progress and goal setting for the team
- Collaborating with teams cross-functionally in various parts of the business
- Driving the development of Drupal integrations
- Helping architect Drupal solutions, and clearly communicating requirements
- Providing accurate technical estimations
- Able to make the tough decisions while maintaining team harmony
The ideal candidate is …
- An experienced people manager of technical teams.
- Act as a strong servant-leader, removing impediments in the team's way and helping the team find the optimum path forward.
- Skilled at collaborating with team members and partners in a matrixed environment.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with highly complex Drupal development projects and/or significant PHP development experience.
- Experienced building and maintaining Drupal projects at scale.
- Experienced with Symfony and Composer.
- Able to perform peer review on team members’ code.
- Able to demonstrate experience working in an open-source community, preferably via contributions on Drupal.org.
- Experienced with automated testing and continuous integration.
- Experienced with building customizable layout solutions, using any of the following: Acquia Site Studio, Layout Builder, Paragraphs, or Panels.
- Comfortable integrating Drupal with a wide variety of third-party services.
- Proficient with basic HTML and CSS.
- Capable at troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Experienced with data-centric metrics and performance management
- Experienced with modern development workflows through code versioning systems, i.e., Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities.
- Positive toward opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and product development.
- Able to maintain a positive and constructive outlook, focused on driving results, and good at finding solutions to solve tough problems and challenges.
- 3+ years of technical management experience.
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping build exceptional online experiences.
- 10+ years of experience building web solutions
- A wide variety of experience will be considered for a proven leader, but significant Drupal experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- Proven delivery skills, working with software engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience as an Acquia customer
- AWS experience
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.