Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report and rated a leader by the analyst community. Acquia’s India office is a Great Place to Work certified organization. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Summary: A Curriculum Manager is a member of the Learning Services team responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining training materials, creating and revising product documentation, and contributing to certification materials for one or more products at Acquia.
This role requires:
- Excellent project management skills; including but not limited to leadership, communication, time management, negotiating, team management.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse team members across the globe, as well as cross department collaboration with subject-matter experts, to design and produce training materials and documentation.
- Strategic thinking and problem solving.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong reading, writing, and speaking skills in English.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable working with remote team members, to initiate and deliver critical product-related deliverables.
Their internal stakeholders are Acquia team members, who require training in product configuration, development, and support/troubleshooting. Their external stakeholders are partners and customers who require product onboarding, and training in configuration, administration, and effective daily use of Acquia products.
- Accountable for curriculum design and the creation of training materials, covering topics from product introduction and onboarding to troubleshooting and support for one or more Acquia products.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, based on provided information and application access.
- Responsible for planning and production of onboarding and training materials through coordination with stakeholders across the company and supporting team members.
- Responsible for identification and development of competencies for certification, and for working with certification program staff to develop and maintain certification question banks.
- Accountable for communicating with Product team to identify product updates that require new materials, or revision to existing training materials, and understand timeframes and prioritization of documentation work to best meet product release dates.
- Adhere to our processes and style guide, and work with the team to identify improvements that help with the team’s velocity and deliverable quality.
- Responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of training content governance and management.
- Be responsive to external stakeholders regarding reported documentation issues.
- Responsible for maintaining product-related channels, catalogs, and courses on Acquia’s Learning Management System (LMS).
- Responsible (along with other team members) for administration and support of Learning Services applications used in our programs.
- Responsible for providing regular internal updates related to their suite of products’ training materials for new or upcoming releases, backlog of requests, and known gaps in training.
- Contribute to internal enablement related to department activities and deliverables.
- Edit other writers’ work in a constructive and informative manner, based on Acquia-developed guidelines.
- Contribute to internal marketing of training materials produced by the team.
- Participate in external marketing efforts related to product releases and available training and certification resources.
- Use a work tracking system (such as Jira) to track your work and to discover documentation requirements from other teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, educational design, or equivalent technical industry work experience.
- 3+ years in project, program, or product management with focus on technical education programs, course content, and instructional design, or customer support with a software technology company.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering instructional materials for technical content, including e-learning application use and administration.
- Experience with a version control system (such as Git) for managing content.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects on different timelines and with different stakeholders.
- Experience working with a diverse, geographically dispersed team.
- Understanding of content management systems (CMS), digital experience platforms; Drupal preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, with a high degree of integrity.
- Maintain a positive and constructive outlook, focused on driving results and finding solutions.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication skills in English.
- Some travel may be required for internal meetings, special events, and training delivery.
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.