Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named to the UK’s Best Workplaces list published by Great Place to Work UK. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
Acquia is seeking a Solutions Engineer to join our EMEA Presales team – someone to promote Acquia to our potential customers; to work with our prospective customers to develop strong technical solutions that map to their business needs. In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep knowledge of Acquia’s products, solutions, and value propositions
- Build solution proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Gather customer business needs to tailor the right solution with the Acquia products to help the customer succeed
- Combat competitive threats in accounts and educates the customer on Acquia’s key values and benefits
- Anticipate potential challenges for the proposed project plan and brings those to the customer attention with a resolution
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to delivery by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design
- Engage with peers on technical matters and helps educate others on Acquia’s key values and benefits
The ideal candidate has the ability and desire to develop a solid and demonstrable understanding of SaaS software ideally in web development / content management and / or e-commerce. You should be confident illustrating your ideas in written, verbal and visual forms.
As the Solutions Engineer, you will...
Acquia’s Solutions Engineers communicate how Drupal and Acquia can help them succeed. You'll research, scope, estimate and present Drupal solutions for enterprise-grade web sites and applications. You'll also act as a key bridge between our business development team and our engineers and consultants, both helping sales staff to better position Drupal and Acquia’s solutions, as well as bringing feedback from customers back into the development of new products and processes.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Bachelors or Technical Degree required with strong preference for a Major or Minor in Computer Science, IT, Information Services or similar
- Front- end experience
- Experience in sales a plus
- Solution selling experience especially with customers regarding their technical requirements a plus
- Minimum 6 year of experience
- Shown experience exceeding Pre-sales revenue targets
- Exceptional storytelling, white-boarding, presentation, and demonstration skills
- Experience developing customized presentations, demonstrations and prototypes to prove a solution's business value to C level customers
- Ability to be hands-on with our technology solutions – comfort with HTML/CSS, Web Services and Marketing Technology
- Strong problem-solving skills, curiosity, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
Extra Credit if you have the following...
- Excellent interpersonal skills (detail-oriented)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates good questioning techniques and effective interpretation skills
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team on large complex projects
- Possesses an effective presentation capability with both small and medium sized audiences
- Comfortable balancing multiple concurrent opportunities and delivering on time
- Passion for open source and for helping us build a hot and growing start-up
- A keen interest in learning Drupal and relevant WCM application architecture
- Drupal knowledge is not required, experience in relevant WCM or Marketing technologies is strongly preferred.
Acquia is an equal opportunity employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.