Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Associate Operations Engineer to join our Customer Data Platform Operations team. In the role they will provide incident response coverage as well as other operations tasks to assist delivering solutions for our business needs of our customers.
- Execute day to day activities of continuous monitoring of customer data platform
- Respond promptly and optimally to alerts related to monitoring of various customer tasks and the processing pipeline
- Troubleshoot stuck tasks, data mismatches, and database queries to remediate customer workflows
- Provide clear and concise communication of problems and steps taken to customers and other stakeholders via ticketing system, email, and Slack
- Build and improve documentation for team members and other internal stakeholders
- Support automation efforts, and identify process efficiencies
- Work cross functionally with Operations, Support, Customer Success Managers to extend fast support to customers
- Customer-first mentality and is passionate about serving customers and solving their problems
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills, follow through, and high level of accountability
- Basic knowledge of SQL or any other DB query language
- Familiarity with command line interaction with Linux operating systems, Windows powershell or similar
- Problem solving skills, curiosity, initiative, and ability to work optimally under time pressure, prioritize and multitask
- Willing to work in shifts to extend 24*7 support
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or other proven Technical degree in IT, Information Services or similar field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in customer technical support or similar role
- Familiarity with JIRA, Zendesk, or some other ticketing system
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, or Spark
- Experience working with customer’s data platforms, and marketing-related data technologies
- Interest and ability to learn new technologies
- Proven ability to work as part of a global team
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.