Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
The site reliability engineer is responsible for designing and delivering secure and highly available solutions. You will be a critical part of a team focused on ensuring our critical services are ready and stress tested. You should be comfortable taking on new challenges, defining potential solutions and implementing designs in a team environment. This position will be expected to both guide and support the team’s growth and learning.
What you will do
- Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of infrastructure through improved system design
- Drive monitoring and automation initiatives
- Deliver scalable solutions in a high automated environment
Who you are
- Passion for DevOps, Automation and Scripting
- Knows linux systems in depth
- Understanding of Observability and Monitoring
- Have experience with Cloud technologies - AWS, GCP
- Write code to automate repetitive tasks
- Supported large scale production systems (> 1000)
- Must have expertise in Observability and Monitoring of applications, services and networks at scale
- Must have experience with DevOps automation, CI/CD pipeline and agile methodologies.
- Must have software development experience - Java/Python preferred
- Experience with or willingness to learn Ansible, and AWS/GCP services & APIs.
- Experience deploying, tuning, and maintaining Linux-based, highly available, fault-tolerant web platforms in public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- A DevOps mentality.
- The drive to solve traditional operations problems through automation.
- Enjoy learning new tools, and languages.
- Enjoy a collaborative environment.
- High attention to detail and strong customer service
- The ability to dig deep into infrastructure and code to solve problems.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a commitment to learning, customer empathy, and team communication.
- A Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or experience in software engineering or a related field
- Best practices in infosec, SOC 2, HIPAA preferred.
- Familiarity with common monitoring, log aggregation and metrics gathering platforms (Nagios, Sensu, Splunk, Sumologic et al.)
- Has previous built or was involved in building a CI/CD Pipeline: +5 years
- Continuous delivery/integration tools (Jenkins, Spinnaker, Artifactory): +5 years
- Hands-on Unix/Linux knowledge: +5 years
- Writing build scripts using Python, Terraform, Unix Shell (bash,ksh): +5 years
- DevOps and/or build & release experience including delivery: +5 years
- Automation/configuration management using Ansible: +3 years
- Software Configuration Management tools: +3 years
- DB/Data Platforms: Aurora/Mysql: +3 years
- AWS capabilities and architecture: +3 years
- Modern application monitoring tools: +2 years
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.