Senior PHP Engineer(928)
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
The Acquia Enterprise Integrations team builds, maintains, and improves internal system integrations and tools. We seek savvy software engineers to help in this mission.
You’ll be working on our homegrown PHP-based enterprise applications to add new features, fix bugs, keep the applications' updated on a regular basis. Most of the applications are Symfony and/or Drupal based. Working with teammates both within Pune and around the world, you'll be helping each other with coding best practices, peer code reviews, and professional development opportunities.
The Enterprise Integrations team takes ownership of their tasks. Work is collaborative and iterative, with solutions discussed constantly and feedback given without ego.
As a Senior PHP Engineer, you will…
- Help to triage issues and plan workloads for expanding Pune Enterprise Integrations presence
- Review and fix bugs in multiple PHP applications
- Extend continuous integration and testing on all code
- Keep applications updated for security and functional changes both to custom code as well as dependent libraries
- Review team members code
- Be a mentor and a knowledge resource for team members
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Minimum five years experience with PHP development
- Experience with PHP 7.4+ and Composer
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices
- Experience with Drupal 7, 8, and 9
- Performance analysis and optimization
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Be a team player, be able to work as a member of the Enterprise Integrations team
- Willingness to jump in and own an opportunity, and see it through to completion
- A proactive, methodical and innovative working practice
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Able to guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
Extra credit if you…
- Familiarity with APIs and system integrations
- Experience with Agile-based methodologies
- Reporting and requirements gathering experience
- Broad experience in sales, finance, customer support, or IT
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.