Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking an energetic and highly motivated Tax & Compliance Analyst to join our Finance team.
The person in this role will work closely with others across the finance organization to coordinate federal, state, and local tax and compliance filings. This individual will have sound communication and organizational skills and will be responsible for managing the Company’s global tax calendar. This role reports into the Corporate Controller.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Ownership and management of the Company’s global tax and compliance calendar
- Review and oversight of the company’s tax provision, prepared by a third party
- Review and oversight on the preparation of the Company’s federal and state tax returns
- Engage third party provider and audit team throughout the audit of the provision
- Provide sound tax guidance related to M&A activity
- Manage corporate entity establishment and wind-down activities associated with M&A
- Manage the Company’s sales and use tax compliance using tax software Avalara
- Assistance in payroll related tax matters
- Maintain tax certificates of good standing
- Address all Company federal, state and local tax correspondence
- Review and oversight of annual compliance requirements required by states
- Monitor tax legislation for changes in tax rates and rules that may be applicable to the Company
- Manage transfer pricing activities
- Assist on special projects as needed, including acquisition analysis, integration activities, and tax planning
- BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA and/or Master’s in Taxation preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience in public accounting or a large corporate tax environment
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team and build relationships cross-functionally
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, adhere to tight deadlines, exhibit strong attention to detail, and manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical, technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technology skills including working with various online research tools and MS Office application
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.