Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
Due to Acquia’s continuing company success, Acquia is looking for a Business Development Representative to begin a career with our amazingly successful sales team. Our BDRs are the first point of contact for all prospects to discuss Acquia's products and services. This role is critical to the business as the team's goal is to have engaging conversations with our clients to discover their challenges, their requirements, and help them determine the most appropriate Acquia solution for their needs. We are therefore seeking to appoint a hardworking recent graduate who will be responsible for driving customer engagement / contact across the UK region.
The position of Business Development Representative is dedicated to positioning Acquia’s industry leading digital media solutions to a portfolio of prospective clients, in order to identify/develop business opportunities and achieve ‘lead qualification’ objectives. The role requires a target driven and pro-active approach, with the ability to establish credible relationships with client organisations. This is an exciting role for recent graduates and/or candidates with some early sales/customer service experience, wishing to excel within a commercially focused, targeted and technology driven environment.
Location: This role is based in Reading, UK
“…An exciting opportunity for ambitious candidates, committed to developing their sales career within a fast paced, growing and truly innovative global technology company...”
Day to day Responsibilities
- Nurture new revenue opportunities by educating our prospects about open source, digital transformation and Acquia
- Conduct high volume prospecting to qualify leads and prospects
- Qualify prospects' needs and effectively map them to Acquia's offerings
- Work closely with account executives and marketing to implement strategy and process
- Become an industry expert and develop product mastery
- Consistently achieve (and exceed!) monthly quotas and goals
- Conduct yourself professionally and cast Acquia in a positive light
- Receive continuous weekly training to further develop sales skillset
- Conduct campaigns via calls/LinkedIn/mail
- Nurture positive relationships
The Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will utilise a ‘question based’ approach to initiate new client contact, displaying an entrepreneurial nature, with the ambition and resourcefulness to achieve business objectives/targets. A pro-active and progressive working practice is critical in order to identify/qualify/develop new commercial opportunities within the exciting world of digital media solutions.
- A degree level education (preferably within a technical or business field) or equivalent experience.
- Focus on and experience of exceeding targets in professional and personal pursuits
- A professional and inquisitive demeanour, able to engage customers and build relationships.
- An outstanding and consultative communication style, with the ability to discover and understand customer needs.
- Ability to influence, combined with creativity, determination and persistency.
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent organisational and planning skills..
- Some Sales and/or Customer Service experience, within a fast paced environment (preferably within a commercial, target focussed environment)
- Knowledge or experience of software ideally digital media, open source or Drupal technology
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.