Software Engineer (893)
Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
As a member of the Acquia Upgrades team you will be working on the core services that enable and support all Acquia products to successfully upgrade to the latest and greatest Acquia has to offer. The Upgrades team utilizes the latest tools, technologies and patterns to solve these complex business problems through the creation and provisioning of highly available and scalable compute clusters built on top of Kubernetes and AWS. These clusters are optimized and hardened to support Acquia’s thousands of customers who trust us to deliver their digital brands and experience across the world to millions of users each day.
- Develop features that help evolve the technical direction of the Acquia Platform
- Work in a DevOps focused team owning and operating the services you create in accordance with service level objectives you define.
- Working on an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set with Product Owners.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including development, automated test construction, deployment and operations.
- Develop unit and automated integration tests that give the team confidence to deploy to production on a predictable cadence.
- Produce comprehensive software documentation for internal teams and our customers.
- Provide product support to internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate is
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to more junior engineers
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders as well.
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Experienced developing production services in multiple programming languages
- Solid background in linux systems engineering and networking fundamentals
- 3-5 years hands on software development experience including designing, building, deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining highly scalable and fault tolerant data pipelines and microservices
- Production experience in different programming languages, specifically PHP, Go, Python
- Solid Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN, etc.
- Experience configuring and running Kubernetes environments at scale
- Configuration on Kubernetes clusters
- Automation of Kubernetes API for deployment of applications, daemon-sets, stateful-sets etc.
- Kubernetes configuration and management experience specifically using
- AWS EKS setup using terraform and helm charts
- Operational experience with Fluentd, Prometheus, Istio, Anchore, Falco
- Automation of Kubernetes API for deployment/updates/patching/upgrades of applications, daemon-sets, stateful-sets etc.
- Deployment of Apache Kafka and the management of enterprise data pipelines using this application framework
- Compliance experience in the web security space
- Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, DOS prevention and PCI, HIPAA, FedRAMP, etc.
- Operational knowledge of Drupal in a production setting
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.