Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
Acquia is seeking a Senior Solutions Engineer to join our US Presales team – someone to promote Acquia to our potential customers; to work with our prospective customers to develop strong technical solutions that map to their business needs. In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep knowledge of Acquia’s products, solutions, and value propositions
- Build solution proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Gather customer business needs to tailor the right solution with the Acquia products to help the customer succeed
- Combat competitive threats in accounts and educates the customer on Acquia’s key values and benefits
- Anticipate potential challenges for the proposed project plan and brings those to the customer attention with a resolution
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to delivery by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design
- Engage with peers on technical matters and helps educate others on Acquia’s key values and benefits
The ideal candidate has the ability and desire to develop a solid and demonstrable understanding of SaaS software ideally in web development / content management and / or e-commerce. You should be confident illustrating your ideas in written, verbal and visual forms.
As the Senior Engineer, you will...
Acquia’s Solutions Engineers communicate how Drupal and Acquia can help them succeed. You'll research, scope, estimate and present Drupal solutions for enterprise-grade web sites and applications. You'll also act as a key bridge between our business development team and our engineers and consultants, both helping sales staff to better position Drupal and Acquia’s solutions, as well as bringing feedback from customers back into the development of new products and processes.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Bachelors or Technical Degree required in Computer Science, IT, Information Services or similar
- Front- end experience
- Experience in sales a plus
- Solution selling experience especially with customers regarding their technical requirements a plus
- Minimum 5 year of experience
- Shown experience exceeding Pre-sales revenue targets
- Exceptional storytelling, white-boarding, presentation, and demonstration skills
- Experience developing customized presentations, demonstrations and prototypes to prove a solution's business value to C level customers
- Strong problem-solving skills, curiosity, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
Extra Credit if you have the following...
- Excellent interpersonal skills (detail-oriented)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates good questioning techniques and effective interpretation skills
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team on large complex projects
- Possesses an effective presentation capability with both small and medium sized audiences
- Comfortable balancing multiple concurrent opportunities and delivering on time
- Passion for open source and for helping us build a hot and growing start-up
- A keen interest in learning Drupal and relevant WCM application architecture
- Drupal knowledge is not required, experience in relevant WCM or Marketing technologies is strongly preferred.
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.