Job title:- Senior Software Engineer
Req ID:- 811
Job Location:- Pune
Acquia is the open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for a Drupalist, able to contribute code on day one, who has experience working within an Agile delivery team. You have examples of successfully delivered Drupal builds in production. You are able to take technical and business requirements and deliver tested and working code with a minimum of supervision. You are innovative, bringing your own ideas and suggestions to the project. You know what it means to be collaborative, open minded, and play well with others.
Responsible for …
- Developing and reviewing Drupal features and functionality
- Helping maintain Drupal-related projects
- Understanding and participating in the Drupal community
- Guiding others to understand and best represent Drupal needs
- Driving standards and excellence in a team setting
- Creating automated tests
- Creating documentation
- Working in an Agile team with Agile practices
The ideal candidate is …
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Drupal 8/9 implementations and/or solid PHP development experience.
- Awareness and experienced with Drupal community interactions and best practices
- Experienced with many a Drupal Symfony, Composer and Drush
- Able to perform peer review on team members’ code
- Experienced with automated testing and continuous integration.
- Proficient with basic HTML and CSS.
- Capable of being autonomous with good debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at collaborating with team members and partners in a matrixed environment.
- Experienced working with multiple developers on a single codebase, i.e., Github/lab, Bitbucket, etc.
- Flexible and able to deal with frequently shifting priorities.
- Positive toward opportunities to be involved in brainstorming and product development.
- Able to maintain a positive and constructive outlook, focused on driving results, and good at finding solutions to solve tough problems and challenges.
- Passion for the web, open source development, and for helping build exceptional online experiences.
- 4+ years of experience building web solutions with Drupal.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- Proven delivery skills, working with software engineering teams in an Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.