Staff Software Engineer- (799)
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
As a member of the Drupal Services Team, we are seeking cross-functional developers to maintain and evolve our NodeJS offering. The DS team is focused on customer-facing innovation that delivers new value from our offerings.
About the role you will be applying for...
Our products are built on top of AWS, leveraging technologies like Kubernetes, using the latest development trends in Golang, and more. Our work scales to support Acquia’s thousands of customers who trust us to deliver their digital brands and experience across the world to millions of users each day. Read more about the product here.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be…
- Leading a team in architecture design and developing proof of concepts.
- Mentoring junior/new team members and execute projects effectively and efficiently as a leader on the team
- Technical polyglot dedicated to learning both our current systems for day-to-day maintenance while helping evolve the product in new and exciting technologies .
- Explore opportunities to improve existing solutions and upgrade technology stack wherever opportunities arise.
- Leveraging Kubernetes patterns like operators and controllers to help modernize existing applications. Build and host autoscaling, self healing robust products.
- Designing CD solutions using gitops, argo CD/workflows.
- Participate in a periodic on-call rotation. Resolve production incidents and aim for a permanent fix.
- Creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set with Product Owners.
To be successful in this role, you must have…
- Overall 6+ yrs of experience in SysAdmin/DevOps and Development.
- Expertise in Docker, Kubernetes and good knowledge of Helm Charts, GitOps, Argo CD and workflows.
- Excellent knowledge of AWS services (IAM, EC2, EKS, S3, lambda functions) and Terraform.
- Linux OS system experience with Ubuntu, RHEL or Amazon Linux.
- Good knowledge of Linux Shell Scripting, package management and networking.
- Experience in designing and developing CRDs and Kubernetes Operators.
- Good understanding of microservice architectures.
- Knowledge of logging, monitoring and alerting tools like Signalfx, Sumologic and Pagerduty.
- Experience of working with Agile development methodology.
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller decisions with defined options and data-driven analysis
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders through clean communication of complex, technical concepts
- Comfortable under pressure and welcomes new challenges
- Hands-on Unix/Linux knowledge: 5+ years
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization 2+ year
- Logging, Monitoring and alerting tools: 2+ years
- AWS experience: 2+ years
You may get bonus points if you have experience with...
- Knowledge of Node.JS, Ruby or PHP.
- Experience in microservices architecture design, implementation and supporting.
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.