Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world.
Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Brighton, Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
Acquia provides both an open cloud digital experience platform and professional services to enterprise customers. We’re looking for an Front End Architect with expertise in front end development and design systems for the creation of enterprise websites at scale.
- You will lead in all aspects of the front end development life-cycle, in charge of the technical team delivering Drupal projects.
- You will work with our customers and partners to ensure their design systems meet the requirements of the platform and integrate with Acquia products, reviewing the inputs from design agencies and converting these inputs into front end components.
- You will provide consulting services around frontend implementation.
- You will contribute to continuous improvement of PS practices around front end implementation.
Technical Skills and competencies
- Experience architecting decoupled user experiences in modern JS frameworks (React, Vue, etc.).
- Able to anticipate, debug and resolve performance and scalability issues and understand how FE architecture effects page speed.
- Implement front-end workflows: selecting frameworks, building systems, dependency management and code quality checks.
- Able to evaluate new frameworks and tools that can be integrated into existing applications and guide the transition of existing implementations.
Design Skills and competencies
- Create pattern libraries and style guides according to the project’s requirements.
- Able to guide creative teams, customers and implementation teams towards the best outcomes.
- Able to identify common design patterns and an expert understanding of how to implement them into design systems.
- You continually seek to understand the capabilities and constraints of the systems and platforms with which you’ll be working.
- While you enjoy the technical aspects of developing front end applications, you're equally happy working on design thinking and UI details or design patterns.
- You’re willing to get hands-on and excited to roll up your sleeves and get things done as part of a team.
- You have a naturally good aesthetic taste and are confident in your craft.
- Pride in the work delivered and tremendous attention to detail.
- You enjoy mentoring and can communicate your design process in a way that helps your team work effectively.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- 6+ years of relevant front end experience in an agency or enterprise environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a design-related discipline beneficial.
- A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.