Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is redefining the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients build digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a constantly evolving, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
We are Acquia, and We are building for the future of the web.
Acquia is looking for a full-time Project Manager to coordinate ongoing web development and enhancement projects using the fast growing open-source project, Drupal.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and outstanding teammate who is passionate about open-source, web development, and has a steadfast desire to deliver the highest level of client happiness. Experience running large-scale web development and support projects, particularly with CRMs, with the ability to guide customers through their digital transformation. Experience handling an eco-system including partner, internal, and client staff in the global delivery of large-scale application development efforts is a requirement. Candidates will have a strong sense of methodology (agile, waterfall, etc), prioritisation and team management, metrics reporting and perspective on best practice and thought-leadership in the delivery of solutions. To be successful in the role you need a robust attention to detail, and an ability to negotiate mutually successful outcomes, while driving budget, margin, project quality, and on time delivery of solutions to Acquia’s highest profile clients.
The Project Manager will:
- Represent Acquia by ensuring implementation success while easing customers across Europe through their digital transformation
- Be hands on project manager with experience leading distributed and complex project teams supporting multiple clients
- Coordinate projects that include cutting-edge Drupal application development, enhancement, and maintenance efforts, driving process, quality, and velocity to achieve customer success
- Negotiate with partners on the scoping, pricing, methodology and delivery of approach for subcontracted engagements
- Handle the day-to-day delivery of engagements inclusive of project staffing, partner progress tracking, risk mitigation, issue tracking, change management, and escalations
- Track and report weekly and monthly on project budget, margin, team utilisation and other metrics
- Advocate for customer success on engagements with a focus on team harmony and execution, and adherence to Acquia metrics and revenue goals
- Build deep customer trust in Acquia’s delivery process and team, with an emphasis on proactive expectation setting and change management
- Ability to broker mutually agreeable outcomes in sophisticated project scenarios with customers, partners and Acquia stakeholders
- Experience defining and delivering large scale engagements
- Web development project experience required, familiarity/experience with Drupal or other CRM technologies is desirable.
- Solid understanding of and experience in handling complex project financials including tracking forecast, actuals, and revenue targets
- Excellent customer and partner relationship management skills
- Agile and/or scrum experience
- Experience handling web development projects in a digital agency setting or development environment.
- Be a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CMS technologies, especially Drupal and/or open-source is a plus
- PMI Certification is a plus
- Scrum Certification is a plus
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.