Staff Software Engineer (755)
Location: Pune, India
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms. Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of pageviews per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional professionals who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
- Work on Acquia’s fully Cloud based infrastructure leading teams developing far reaching modules that have scalability and availability at their core. Contribute to our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services
- Work with other Engineering teams to build, test and deploy changes to production
- Provide both technical and non-technical mentoring to your team, seeking out eliminating blockers to good teamwork.
- Contribute as the senior resource of a larger team to champion a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a primary focus on the architectural aspects of the service (fault tolerant, scalable, easily maintainable and testable, etc).
- Own specific components of your team’s area of responsibility
- Research, propose, and implement third-party solutions, where necessary, to improve our services or streamline and remediate
- Monitor and improve on the impact of any implemented changes
- Strong technical background having worked as a senior technical resource, team leading experience is preferred
- Extensive hands-on development knowledge on modern development platforms, Cloud based solutioning (AWS preferred)
- Uncompromising focus on excellence
- Technically proficient enough to earn the respect of a senior development team
- 8+ years of software development experience with majority spent on Cloud solutioning, at least 3 years of driving technology decisions and operating as a senior member of technical teams
- Expert with hands on experience in at least Object Oriented Programming Language, PHP greatly preferred
- Strong hands on experience building and operating distributed systems and/or service oriented architectures
- Strong hands on Cloud hosting experience (AWS, Google Compute, Azure)
- Strong working experience with Git
- Familiarity with principles of domain-driven design, refactoring and writing clean, maintainable code
- Strong understanding of AWS load balancing services
- Strong understanding of API design, including RPC (e.g. Thrift, gRPC) and REST fundamentals
- Knowledge of software testing best practices (unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, etc)
- Deep, working knowledge of Linux operating systems (systemd, package management, memory management, etc)
- Holistic understanding of the Internet and web application hosting from the network layer up through the application layer
- Working in a collaborative and supportive manner
- Striving to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered
- Hands on with the following languages: Ruby, Python
- Automated testing experience (Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, load balancing, HTTP caching, clustering, VPN, etc.)
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.