Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future, and we want you to be a part of it!
The Sales Enablement Field Coach is a transitional role that helps successful fields representatives develop into successful front line managers. You have the opportunity to gain competency by directly coaching representatives (in both simulated and live environments), contribute to learning program content as a voice of the field, and provides answers and insights to representatives while helping them navigate the organization. This role is a dedicated position staffed from a pool of high- potential representatives who, in preparation for leadership roles, rotate through this role for 12 to 24 months
In this role you will
- Mentor new hires through simulated and live environments as they transition from the onboarding program into client facing interactions.
- Serve as an in-field resource, reinforce key behaviors and skills for struggling representatives, provide helpful feedback, and certify new representatives for successful independent interactions with buyers.
- Mentor veteran representatives in simulated and live environments to increase knowledge and execution of effective sales practices and delivery.
- Build individualized sales coaching plans with measurable and time-bound next steps; analyze sales performance data and report on the impacts of the coaching program
- Increase deal progression and velocity through 1:1 deal review; participate in customer facing conversations when appropriate
- Support global reinforcement of Enablement initiatives such as Acquia Value Selling, sales asset management, product knowledge, and sales SOPs and standard methodologies.
- Support initiative-based learning (e.g. introductions of new products, messaging, techniques or sales playbooks) as a field enthusiast and subject matter specialist for representatives and first-line managers
- Partner with key actors in Sales Leadership and cross-functional leaders to secure internal support for coaching and training programs, facilitate virtual and live certification programs
- Facilitate open communication between the field, Enablement and Leadership. Conduct field needs analysis, advocate for the fields’ needs to management, and promote key management or Enablement initiatives into the field.
- Collaborate with first-line managers to jointly create development plans for assigned representatives
Required proficiencies and behaviors
- Proficiency in Value Selling Methodologies, prospecting skills, Demos, brokering and closing skills
- Shown success in selling enterprise software solutions and effectively building positive customer relationships that meet or exceed quota,
- Ability to quickly display mastery over Acquia’s products, services, buyers, markets, systems and sales approaches
- Ability to get results and promote positive changes in others through effective mentoring and instructing. A documented history of interest in helping others succeed. Understanding of Enablement and Adult Learning principles a plus.
- High EQ – ability to build trust, positive relationships and advance projects through influence rather than authority.
- High degree of business sense, including highly polished internal and customer facing presentation, ability to analyze and draw insights from data, and strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding of key industries/market segments, product/solution offerings, and available selling resources and engagement process, competitors and differentiation
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, act efficiently, and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Driven and Goal-oriented
- Persuasive, empathetic
- 2-5 years successful quota attainment in an Enterprise Software Sales role
- 1-3 years of either Enablement, Coaching, Team leadership experience a plus
- Knowledge of Drupal, WCM, DXP are a plus
- Time to competency and productivity for assigned new-hire representatives
- Quota attainment and pipeline generation of your sales team
- Rep turnover relative to goal and baseline at start date
- Close ratio and AOV of assigned team relative to goal and baseline at start date
- Rep certification ratio for new hires and new initiatives
- 360-degree feedback mechanisms
- First-line sales manager
- Sales: personnel, leadership, enablement, operations
- Field marketing/demand center
- Product: marketing and management
- Aim to keep representatives within 15% of their trailing 24 months compensation
- OTE is more base weighted than sales roles with 15%-25% variable based on the success of the representatives they are coaching
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.