Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
We are searching for a Mid-Market Account Executive (AE) to join our growing team. The Mid-Market Account Executive is a critical and high profile quota-carrying role. We are seeking someone who is smart, ambitious and has regularly out-performed his or her peers. The ideal candidate will fit into the upbeat Acquia culture and will seek aggressive career growth.
The Mid-Market AE will manage and close deals in Acquia’s Middle Market account and prospect base. The ideal candidate cultivates deep relationships with prospective customers, partnering with them to determine their needs and delivering premier service. Furthermore, the ability to work cross-functionally with demand generation and marketing teams to cultivate pipeline is a must.
Passion, drive, and creativity are just some of the basic skills and traits we are looking for in an Account Executive.
Experience handling full-life cycle sales in an individual contributor environment, along with working with partners to drive our business forward in a specified territory is key to being a successful Acquian sales representative.
- Identify new business opportunities at mid market companies. Engage with senior level executives within these organizations.
- Nurture strong positive relationships and identify prospect needs at all decision-making levels.
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks.
- Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to broker win-win solutions.
- Work closely with various functional teams including Product Development, Account Management and Project Management teams to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Collaborate effectively across internal teams and create an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
- Engage with our channel partners and various subject matter authorities to drive sales opportunities.
- Travel to client meetings as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Experience of sales/client origination experience, preferably with CMS experience.
- Experience brokering large strategic deals including all phases of client development: prospecting, proposal development, negotiation and ongoing relationship management.
- Have intellectual agility and an entrepreneurial demeanor; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients.
- Experience and the know-how to work in a start-up, fast paced technology environment.
- Ability to learn and absorb new products quickly and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Strong understanding of the SaaS business model for solutions delivery.
- Confident presentation skills, and must have 'presence' in front of the C-suite customer with the communications skills to articulate a value proposition to a wide range of organizational and functional levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.