Senior Software Engineer-
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
At Acquia, quality engineering drives the quality tool chain and process in an open and collaborative environment. To ensure that we have a repeatable process and systems to thoroughly test and uncover defects, quality engineering uses best of breed tools for automation and testing frameworks in conjunction with in-house tooling, infrastructure and services. Quality engineers are embedded in each agile development team to facilitate and lead the testing strategy, and test automation requirements for every iteration and release. The quality engineering team also regularly meets to review and improve overall testing processes, automation, innovations and best practices. Each quality engineer works both independently and as part of a product group, where developers write tests and the quality engineering team supports the testing infrastructure and automation. In addition, they provide guidance for best practices and develop testing systems for smoke testing, behavioral testing, stress testing, performance testing, as well as supporting quality metrics.
The Senior Software Engineer is a strong voice for quality that actively pursues quality improvements, writing code, developing new infrastructure and tests to support our fast paced, highly diversified development organization.
As a Software Engineer, you will…
- Develop software that helps evaluate quality and best practices of Drupal modules and themes
- Work together with product managers, agile product owners, architects, tech leads and engineers to ensure the quality of our products
- Participate in technical discussions for products and test infrastructure
- Promote quality assurance programs, policies, processes and procedures to ensure that performance and quality of products conform to established standards
- Participate in planning/design phases of testing projects and recommend improvements
- Identify areas for improved testing efficiencies, test automation and implementation of automated test solutions
- Participate in team strategy and roadmap definition to expand test coverage by building appropriate tools, utilities, and automation that assist in functional testing
- Constantly evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement (i.e. test automation frameworks, coding standards, etc.)
What you’ll need to be successful…
- 4-7 years experience in quality engineering including functional, system, integration and regression testing
- 2-4 years experience developing Drupal modules or themes
- Familiarity with Composer and troubleshooting failures that arise with it
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a modern web stack
- 3 years programming experience in PHP and JS
- Excellent project management skills
- 3-5 Years experience in development of automated tests
- Experience with continuous integration and build tools (i.e. Jenkins, Travis)
- Demonstrate knowledge of accepted QA methodologies, encompassing all facets of Quality Assurance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) stack experience
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.