Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
At Acquia, quality engineering drives the quality tool chain and process in an open and collaborative environment. To ensure that we have a repeatable process and systems to thoroughly test and uncover defects, quality engineering uses best of breed tools for automation and testing frameworks in conjunction with in-house tooling, infrastructure and services. Quality engineers are embedded in each agile development team to facilitate and lead the testing strategy, and test automation requirements for every iteration and release. The quality engineering team also regularly meets to review and improve overall testing processes, automation, innovations and best practices. Each quality engineer works both independently and as part of a product group, where developers write tests and the quality engineering team supports the testing infrastructure and automation. In addition, they provide guidance for best practices and develop testing systems for smoke testing, behavioral testing, stress testing, performance testing, as well as supporting quality metrics.
The Quality Engineer is a strong voice for quality that actively pursues quality improvements, writing code, developing new infrastructure and tests to support our fast paced, highly diversified development organization.
- Work together with product managers, agile product owners, architects, tech leads and engineers to ensure the quality of our products
- Participate in technical discussions for products and test infrastructure
- Execute Quality best practices, tools, and methodologies
- Lead multiple complex technical infrastructure projects as necessary
- Participate in planning/design phases of testing projects and recommend improvements
- Identify areas for improved testing efficiencies, test automation and implementation of automated test solutions
- Constantly evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement (i.e. test automation frameworks, coding standards, etc.)
- 2-3 years experience in quality engineering including functional, system, integration and regression testing
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a modern web stack
- 2-3 years programming experience in any of the web languages (go, php, ruby, java) or equivalent
- Experience with shell to utilize command line tools
- 2 Years experience in Scripting/Coding automation tests
- Experience with continuous integration and build tools (i.e. Maven/Gradle, Jenkins)
- Demonstrate knowledge of accepted QA methodologies, encompassing all facets of Quality Assurance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) or Java & Spring boot stack experience
Nice to have:
- Hands on experience with AWS/Azure/GCP/OpenStack
- Hands on experience with JMeter & Blazemeter
- Familiarity with open source software
- Linux OS system management experience
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- Operational knowledge of Drupal or any content management system in a production setting
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.