Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work in the UK by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Due to Acquia’s continuing company success, Acquia is looking for a Business Development Representative (French/English Speaking) to begin a career with our amazingly successful sales team. Our BDRs are the first point of contact for all new prospects to discuss Acquia's products and services. This role is critical to the business as the team's goal is to have engaging conversations with our clients to discover their challenges, their requirements, and help them decide upon the most appropriate Acquia solution for their needs. We are therefore seeking to appoint an enthusiastic recent graduate who will be responsible for driving customer engagement / contact across the UK region.
The position of Business Development Representative is dedicated to positioning Acquia’s industry leading digital media solutions to a portfolio of prospective clients, in order to identify/develop business opportunities and achieve ‘lead qualification’ objectives. The role requires a target driven and pro-active approach, with the ability to establish credible relationships with client organisations. This is an exciting role for recent graduates and /or candidates with some early sales/customer service experience, wishing to excel within a commercially focused, targeted and technology driven environment.
Location: This role is based in Reading, UK
“…An exciting opportunity for ambitious candidates, committed to developing their sales career within a fast paced, growing and truly innovative global technology company...”
The Candidate Profile
The successful candidate will utilise a ‘question based’ approach to initiate new client contact, displaying an inquisitive nature, with the ambition and resourcefulness to achieve specific business objectives/targets. A pro-active and progressive working practice is crucial, in order to identify/qualify/develop new commercial opportunities within the exciting world of digital media solutions.
- A degree level education (preferably within a technical or business field) or equivalent experience.
- Focus on and experience of exceeding targets in professional and personal pursuits
- A professional and inquisitive demeanour, able to engage customers and build relationships.
- An exceptional and consultative communication style, with the ability to discover and understand customer needs.
- Ability to influence, combined with creativity, determination and persistency.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent organisational and planning skills.
- French/English Fluency.
- Some Sales and/or Customer Service experience, within a fast paced environment (preferably within a commercial, target focussed environment)
- Knowledge or experience of software ideally digital media, open source or Drupal technology
Acquia is an equal opportunity employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.