Software Engineer, DevTools
Location: Pune, India
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Our ambition is to empower developers to innovate the most powerful digital experiences in less time, with less effort, and with more flexibility. The Acquia Developer Tools team is focussed on providing a fully integrated developer experience out of the box with an open architecture to plug and play as desired. As a DevTools Software Engineer, you will also be responsible for a wide range of internal systems, tooling and automations from developing CI to managing systems integrations to owning and evolving Acquia’s existing product monitoring services and more.
As the Software Engineer, you will…
- work with your team to develop far reaching modules that have scalability and availability at their core
- contribute to our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services
- maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- mentor team members and review their work
- work with other teams in deciding, developing integrations with other subsystems
- participate in Scrum software development lifecycle
- provide product support to internal and external stakeholders
- work in a team environment where you own and operate the services you build
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- enjoy solutioning for a Cloud native environment
- enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders
What you’ll need to be successful…
- have 3+ years of software development experience with majority spent working on Cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- have hands-on experience building and operating distributed systems and/or service oriented architectures
- have familiarity with design patterns; writing clean, maintainable code
- are comfortable navigating unix/linux based operating systems
- have hands on experience with NodeJS or equivalent
- have experience with Typescript or equivalent
- have experience with PHP
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
Extra credit if you…
- have hands on experience with Drupal
- have worked with containerized environments in the past (Docker preferred)
- hold AWS certifications
- have some full stack experience, having directly worked on the front end as well
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.