Location: Pune, India
Role: Principal Software Engineer
Freedom. For tens of thousands of high-profile sites around the world and the users that depend on them, Acquia means freedom. Our purpose is to deliver the highest performance platform for Drupal-powered sites and back that up with the best support available anywhere. With Drupal and Acquia you are free to create and express yourself knowing that no matter how big your ideas become we've got your back.
The Acquia Cloud Site Factory team is growing to meet increasing customer demand for flexible site management at scale. In this role your expertise and craftsmanship will shape the next phase of development in high-scale many-site management. If you are interested in working on ambitious technical challenges and are compelled to take your skills to the next level on a product that is critical to Acquia's success, this is your opportunity.
As the Principal Software Engineer, you will…
- Participate in short daily stand-up meetings
- Work with talented and thoughtful engineers
- Design, implement, and operate the services you develop
- Research and define future work to delight high-profile customers
- Collaborate with other product teams on cross-functional projects
- Review code and coach junior team members
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Curiosity and a passion to create
- Strong software development and technical leadership skills
- Expert level knowledge and experience working with PHP
- Full stack development experience using Linux, Apache, and MySQL
- BS in Computer Science or 8+ years equivalent experience
- Ability to develop beautiful, secure, high performance code
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to absorb complex ideas and explain them concisely
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team setting
Extra credit if you…
- Drupal development experience
- Large scale task automation
- Linux / Unix system administration
- Languages: PHP, Ruby, Go
- Automated testing experience: Jenkins, TravisCI, unit tests, system tests, etc.
- Amazon Web Services experience
- Other cloud hosting experience (e.g. Google Compute, Azure)
- Open source development and contribution
- Agile development (scrum)
- Containerization using Docker
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.