Acquia is the open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
AgilOne, a subsidiary of Acquia, is a Customer Data and Engagement Hub that provides enterprise consumer marketers the power to integrate customer data across digital, physical, and mobile channels, deliver customer analytics with predictive insights and 360-degree profiles, and engage customers at every touchpoint in order to maximize lifetime value. Currently, the AgilOne solution supports more than 150 brands worldwide. AgilOne leverages the latest technologies in big data, machine learning and data quality management to deliver an enterprise-grade, scalable and high-performance tool for customers such as Tumi, Lululemon, Lilly Pulitzer and David’s Tea.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of high performing engineers and deliver high quality code in an agile environment
- Design and develop high-quality server-side code (API and microservices)
- Perform code reviews.
- Help with hiring top talent for your team.
- Contribute to the technical architecture of Acquia marketing cloud codebase
- Collaborate with other engineering team leads
- Collaborate across the other disciplines in the organization (professional services, sales consultants, product management, executive management)
Skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in leading an engineering team.
- 6-8 years of hands on JAVA software development experience
- Experience with Agile (eg Scrum) and test driven development
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms and Concurrency
- Experience building Microservices and APIs
- Strong SQL expertise
- Experience with Relational Databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases (eg HBase, MongoDB)
- Experience with Amazon Web Service (EC2, S3) or Google Cloud or Azure
- Experience with Cloudera Impala, Hive, Hibernate
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Experience with big data analytics or real time analytics solutions
- Contributing to an open source community
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.