Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the role...
Acquia is seeking a UX Design Manager to help visualize and revolutionize the customer experience for the company’s key digital engagement and optimization products. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of user experience to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences.
About the team you’ll be working on...
You’ll be joining a talented team of researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal.
As the UX Design Manager you will...
- Deliver best-in-class user experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.), in a fast-paced, agile, environment
- Fully understand and champion the needs of our users by spending time with Acquia customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership for UX in cross functional meetings and events
- Coordinate up, down, and laterally to elicit and then prioritize requirements based on stakeholder perspectives and customer needs
- Be a strong mentor to our other Product Designers
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts across the gamut of presentation tool fidelity (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes)
- Translate business and product requirements into memorable, delightful, customer experiences
- Partner with our UX researchers to test and iterate design concepts
- Develop and ensure best design practices and communicate expectations of quality across the organization
You’ll enjoy this role if you...
- Like exceeding the expectations of savvy and customers with strong viewpoints
What you’ll need to be successful...
- You must be a team player and strong collaborator
- 8+ years experience applying innovative solutions to design digital products addressing customer needs
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design best practices, with excellent attention to detail and a strong creative eye
- Strong grasp of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to translate user needs into designs and detailed requirements and work collaboratively across functions to implement the vision
- Proficiency in software tools such as Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Experienced with enterprise SaaS software development. Ability and confidence in leading product vision and making sound design decisions
- Examples of prior work and/or accomplishments are required
Extra credit if you...
- Have experience with SaaS product design and development
- Are familiar with web development best practices and cloud architecture
- Have experience with enterprise software development and/or Drupal experience
- Have experience with product management, user testing or experience with other digital marketing products
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.