Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are actively seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our Finance Organization as a key member of the Revenue Team reporting to the Revenue Manager. This individual must have an understanding of revenue recognition guidance and have a demonstrated ability to apply such guidance in a fast paced corporate environment. This role will also assist with the review and streamlining of current processes and controls within Revenue Accounting.
- Working closely with both the legal and sales organizations to assist with the creation of Customer contracts
- Preparation of deal review summaries of material quarterly contracts for the exterior auditors
- Assist with the project accounting organization to ensure that all project accounting revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606
- Performing the maintenance, monitoring, and reconciliation of the Company’s deferred revenue and unbilled receivables accounts
- Maintain the Company’s Fair Value analysis for all product lines
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed
- Ownership over various month end and ad hoc processes
- Identify opportunities and assist Company in process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or high growth software or SaaS technology company
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting principles with respect to Software, SaaS, and Professional Services revenue recognition
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- SFDC or other CRM system experience
- Knowledge of general ledger systems (SAP, Oracle, Intacct)
- Strong work ethic, accountable, and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries and deliver results
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.