Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking an ambitious Director, Account Management to lead and develop a team of Account Managers. The team’s task is twofold; i) work to ensure the customers success therefore safeguarding and maximising the renewal and ii) identify and convert opportunities to expand Acquia’s footprint with the customer. This role will proactively engage in the day-to-day management of account managers including issue resolution. This role will work directly with Sales, Technical Support, Professional Services and Finance. iii) Infuse the team with tremendous passion, energy, and “tactical execution” iv) Focus on creating a repeatable operating rhythm.
This position is designed for an experienced leader with a passion for success and a drive for excellence. This is a great opportunity to hit a hot market with best-of-breed open source technology and be the front lines of our Account Management program.
- Hire, manage and lead a team of 4-8 Account Managers varying in skill and experience to successfully own and develop their accounts and strengthen their customer relationships
- Develop and implement internal processes to create seamless management of accounts and measurements of team performance while eliminating roadblocks
- Own the quota & forecast for your team of Account Managers and motivate the team to exceed expansion and renewal targets
- Help your team identify and close new opportunities within existing customer base
- Creation of customer success roadmaps with customers to guide engagement with the client
- Create and execute on territory plans to drive customer retention and upsell opportunities
- Coordinate with business users and procurement to ensure timely renewals
- Ability to manage multiple systems and administration at once
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Acquia’s Sales, Solutions Architecture, and Services teams to advocating for your customers’ positive experience and growth.
- Act as a point of escalation to advocate for customers and team members to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and matrixed way with country managers of localized regions in EMEA
- Drive responses to the quarterly NPS survey and ensure appropriate action to responses.
- As part of the Global Account Management Leadership team drive initiatives to propagate best practice and process to further excellence and performance in the global team.
- 5+ years working in an account management role providing tech solutions to large enterprises
- 3+ years people and process management
- Experience managing a pipeline and forecasting to meet and exceed quota
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-group collaboration skills
- Experience mentoring
- Experience driving action and accountability in a virtual team.
- Proven track record of sustaining & growing complex relationships including closing the renewal, up sell / cross sell opportunities
- Incredibly detail oriented, ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other CRM tools
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Ability to think strategically and bring structure to a team
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law