Have you led teams responsible for driving Demand Generation globally? Do you have B2B/SaaS marketing experience? We’re looking for an analytically minded expert communicator with a strong results orientation to join our team as Director of Demand Generation, where you’ll be responsible for developing marketing strategies and executing operational plans that drive revenue growth for our organization.
In this role, you will report to the VP of Brand and Digital Marketing and oversee all aspects of Global Demand Generation from our always on channels, bespoke campaign programs, and our account-based marketing (ABM) efforts. As part of delivering on this responsibility, you and your team will partner closely with sales, marketing operations closely as well as other marketing teams cross-functionally. You will be responsible for creating the strategy, plan & budget, and with your team and agency the execution, measurement, and optimization to drive conversions for new leads and qualified pipeline results.
If you are passionate about B2B marketing, delivering results, and building marketing leaders on your team within a high-growth company, this could be the perfect role for you.
- Collaborate with sales & marketing leadership to establish the overall marketing goals/ targets annually, the specific strategy for Demand Generation each quarter to deliver on those targets, and the corresponding tactical plan each quarter.
- Prepare the quarterly strategy and plan in clear, coherent terms and socialize it among marketing, sales, and executive team to ensure alignment and defend priorities.
- Responsible for the strategy, plan, and execution of all Demand Generation efforts to drive leads (MQLs) and marketing qualified pipeline and inbound channel marketing qualified pipeline.
- Responsible for Demand Generation strategy, logistics, and execution across all appropriate channels including: Paid search, SEO, Account-based marketing (ABM), display, remarketing, paid social, webinars, syndication, and third-party partners.
- Responsible for tracking and analyzing the performance metrics and funnel metrics related to all Demand Generation efforts and working in partnership with marketing operations, the media agency, and others to continually optimize campaign performance.
- Participate in all annual and quarterly review and planning sessions with sales, marketing, and product which should inform Demand Generation strategies and plans.
- Participate or delegate in all relevant monthly and weekly review and planning sessions with sales teams for North America.
- Supports global marketing teams (EMEA, APAC, etc) on execution of their key initiatives that impact Demand Generation: regions, vertical, partner, customer, corp comms. Ensures strategic and plan alignment for Demand Generation among global counterparts.
- Collaborate closely with marketing operations to develop the dashboards for the agreed upon key performance and pipeline metrics. Also, work closely together to prepare any custom reports requested by the board or executive team.
- Partner with marketing operations, and senior leadership on the processes, technologies, metrics necessary to effectively run Demand Generation team for the goals established.
- Partner with the Web/ Brand/ Creative teams for optimal website and creative execution necessary to support demand generation programs and to be optimal for driving demand.
- Responsible for planning and managing a large media budget. As part of this, managing external agency(s) and vendors who serve as an extension of the Demand Generation team.
Team & Agency Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor a team of X Demand Generation marketers and ensure they have clear goals and individual assignments and, direction for their part in delivering on those goals.
- Maintain a high-performance team by ruthlessly prioritizing the goals and plan and establishing team operations that are effective for the team capacity.
- Responsible for the hiring, management, reviews, and career development for all members of your team.
- Responsible for being the main POC for all agencies and vendors that are part of the Demand Generation budget and operation.
- Responsible for vetting, and onboarding any new vendors that are brought into our ecosystem to deliver on Demand Generation goals.
- Serve as part of the marketing leadership team, and as the primary liaison for the Demand Generation function and for your team to the other teams within the marketing department.
- BS/ BA degree required preferably in marketing, communications or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of enterprise B2B global marketing demand generation experience, preferably in SaaS/ technology.
- A minimum of 3 years of people management experience including leading other managers.
- Prior accountability for lead generation, qualified pipeline and revenue across prospect channels required.
- Superior knowledge of Demand Generation best practices including across account-based marketing (ABM), inbound and digital marketing, and paid search for enterprise market.
- Prior experience with account-based marketing (ABM), preferably based on Sirius Decisions frameworks.
- Expert level user for various marketing technology platforms typically related to demand generation operations including Salesforce, Marketo, Google solutions, etc.
- Very strong analytical and cross-department problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically about the longer-term -- as well as the ability to ladder down and operate quickly for the daily tactical level execution aspect of the operation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to articulate ideas and plans clearly to a diverse audience. Experience creating and delivering presentations about strategy, plans, and results to senior leadership required.
- Ability to lead your immediate Demand Generation team as well as provide cross-functional leadership when partnering with other teams to accomplish an integrated effort.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that is experiencing high-growth. Ability to establish and maintain goals and priorities among this.
- A self-starter who takes initiative. Someone who questions things and looks to evolve programs and initiatives to improve performance.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.