Acquia is the open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms. Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional professionals who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly to scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Acquia is seeking a Principal Software Engineer who can help lead our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. As a Search Service Principal Software Engineer, you will work with your fellow engineers, Operations, Support and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current service and processes, then propose and implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
Acquia’s products run 100% on Amazon Web Services using EC2, CloudFormation, and various other technologies and best practices. Since each product is built and maintained by its own engineering team, the ideal candidate for this position would need to be proactive in familiarizing themselves with those services and have the ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams.
- Work with the development and operations team to identify inefficiencies in our current service, then propose and implement solutions
- Design, implement and maintain the services that are highly available, scalable and reliable
- Debug complex distributed systems issues in production
- Work in an agile DevOps team collaborating and operating the Acquia services.
- Work closely with Product Owner to build and deliver high quality, high performance application features
- 8+ years of experience in software development with majority spent working on Cloud technologies, at least 3 years of leading technical teams
- BS in Computer Science (preferred), or a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with AWS services such as – EC2, VPC, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, AMI, Code Deploy, Cloudwatch, SNS, SQS
- Strong modern programming language experience (NodeJS, PHP, Go, etc.)
- Experience in running and debugging highly concurrent and distributed systems
- Experience with one or more of Monitoring tools – SignalFX (preferred)
- Experience building and operating RESTful web Services
- Hands on experience working with DevOps framework and tools- Jenkins, Docker etc.
- Hands on experience working with Configuration management tools such as Cloud formation
- Experience configuring, administering, and scaling web applications and services
- Champion the needs of Support and Engineering with regards to any tooling, automation or process change
- Contribute as part of a larger team to maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a primary focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc.)
- Evaluate new technologies and provide a recommendation to management including planning and execution of proof of concept activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid team collaboration and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Agile processes (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
Good to have:
- Experience with Apache Solr and Zookeeper to manage Solr implementation are a plus
- Drupal experience
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker and/or microservices in general
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.