Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We're seeking a Director, User Experience to join our product leadership team based in Boston. This role will manage teams of product design, UX research, and customer experience design. You will help drive the overall UX strategy, and scale the Acquia Design System to drive design and engineering efficiencies across the portfolio. This is a senior-level role with significant responsibility, creativity, technical expertise, and business sense required.
As the Director, User Experience, you will...
- Work with your teams to transform ideas, business opportunities, and creative vision into desirable outcomes for Acquia users – establishing user needs and goals from the outset, by advocating and driving a user-centered design process
- Oversee the development, execution, and improvement of user experience and product design strategy across the end-to-end customer journeys
- Coach your teams to test and support their designs with research and data: user testing, prototype/concept testing, and working with product managers to a/b test where appropriate
- Drive both strategic and tactical research, that considers business objectives, for both near-term deliverables and longer-term vision/roadmaps
- Lead ideation sessions and work with your design teams to take concepts from design to execution
- Work with your team managers to evolve the Design Ops strategy for Acquia by improving processes and helping to train designers and cross-functional teams to evangelize the Acquia Design System across the organization
- Serve as the voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate when considering design decisions that will impact customers
- Contribute UX and Design thought-leadership to a highly collaborative team of UX, product, and engineering with a focus on converting strong conceptual thinking and product strategy to impactful and intuitive experience
- Establish close partnership with marketing and brand teams to ensure strong visual design and consistent brand expression across all consumer touchpoints
- Partner with management team to analyze, design, document, and communicate the short and long-term UX & Product Design strategy
- Apply and further develop your experience in developing new approaches to design based on industry best practices, including agile and lean product development methodologies
- Recruit and develop extraordinary talent, by coaching, managing and mentoring teams of designers and researchers
The ideal candidate will have...
- 8+ years of experience leading and managing teams of designers and researchers with strong domain expertise across your career
- Mastery of relevant design and research tools
- Background includes having launched successful and highly visible digital products, showing your ability to balance conversion best practices with brand-centric and human-centered design
- SaaS or B2B experience a plus
We're looking for people who are...
- Natural leaders with the ability to communicate and inspire all levels of your team
- A master of your craft and know design trends and patterns, while also staying aware of technological feasibility
- Comfortable working in the Agile methodology and how UX fits into that practice
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Can articulate your decision and design process, both verbally and in writing
- Are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
- Are able to influence peers and managers to build consensus
- Curios in a way that drives you to look at the world as a solution instead of just existing patterns and mental models
- Enjoy working with a great group of designers and researchers, who genuinely care about design, and each other
- Passionate about developing and mentoring junior design and research talent
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.