Regional Account Manager - Public Sector
Acquia, Inc. is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking an ambitious Regional Account Manager responsible for delivering against renewal targets as well as developing & maintaining existing customer relationships within the public sector. In this role, you will proactively engage in the day-to-day Account Management of accounts; mitigating customer escalations and risks with the appropriate sense of urgency, and building strong cross-departmental relationships with other stakeholders in the organization. You will become the customer’s advocate within Acquia, creating a positive customer experience that ultimately results in the renewal of the subscription and account growth. You will work directly with Acquia Sales, Technical Support, Operations and Finance.
This position is designed for an individual who has account management experience, a high attention to detail and strives for customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have past experience working for a technology company. This is a great opportunity to hit a hot market with best-of-breed open source technology and be the front lines of our Account Management program.
The specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Exceed quarterly renewal goals
- Maintain solid relationships with customers and ownership of customers’ success with Acquia platform services
- Guide customers through onboarding of products and services
- Maintain control of account direction and strategy
- Build relationships with strategic leadership level customer contacts
- Identify new opportunities and work with Sales reps to drive them to a close
- Coordinate with business users and procurement to ensure timely renewals
- Update and maintain Sales database as appropriate
- Must be able to proactively drive accounts with minimal oversight
- Strong collaboration with internal teams
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 1-5 years working in a sales / account management role for a technology company in the public sector space
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-group collaboration skills
- Proven track record of sustaining & growing complex relationships including closing the renewal and assisting with up-sell / cross sell opportunities
- Prior experience procuring contracts within the public sector
- Owned & exceeded a renewals quota
- Renewal forecasting & analytical skills
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter who can set and manage priorities
- MS Office knowledge, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other CRM tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.