Acquia is an open-source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms. Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest-growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of page views per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional professionals who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly to scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Acquia is seeking a Senior Technical Writer to help lead our efforts to revolutionize the way we create product documentation.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining product documentation for several of Acquia’s Cloud-based products, which includes collaborating with subject-matter experts, editing other writers’ work, and working with other teams to be a written content resource.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, based on provided information and application access.
- Communicate with Product Owners and Product Managers regarding timeframes and prioritization of documentation work, to best meet product release dates.
- Develop relationships with UX, Engineering, Product, and other stakeholders to ensure the team is kept in-the-loop for upcoming changes, and to facilitate technical documentation reviews.
- Be a resource to developers and UX for messaging and interface wording in products.
- Adhere to our processes and style guide, and work with the team to identify improvements that help with the team’s velocity and deliverable quality.
- Attend product demos and regular review meetings.
- Be responsive to external stakeholders regarding reported documentation issues.
- Contribute to existing continuous integration processes and grammar linting tests (as required).
- Edit other writers’ work in a constructive and informative manner, based on Acquia-developed guidelines.
- Mentor other writers on the team regarding best practices and technical writing skills.
- Use a work tracking system (such as Jira) to track your work and to discover documentation requirements from other teams.
- Work with developers and Product team to incorporate content into cohesive documentation resources, based on an information architecture that the writer may be required to create.
- 5+ years of verifiable technical experience with Cloud-based applications.
- Experience with UI-based Git, for managing content.
- Experience with authoring and maintaining content in either Markdown or reStructuredText (RST) format.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong reading, writing, and speaking skills in English.
- Experience with handling simultaneous projects, or working on writing efforts that involve more than one contributor.
- Provide two or more examples of product documentation that you have created. Be sure to include additional context regarding the creation and editorial process of these examples.
- Successful completion of one or more writing samples, if required.
Good to have
- Technical Writing certification
- Drupal site-building experience.
- Experience working in a global, distributed environment.
- Experience developing CI or linting tests.
- Previous experience with using Atlassian Jira for issue tracking
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.