Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms. Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia runs one of the world's largest Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings. Our Drupal optimized cloud runs on over 18,000 AWS instances and delivers billions of pageviews per month, running some of the largest and most mission-critical websites in the world. We are seeking exceptional professionals who desire to deliver world-class performance and reliability while building powerful tools that enable our customers effortlessly scale their web applications. At Acquia, we are obsessive about providing our customers with security, availability, and scalability that is second to none and are looking for engineers who are equally passionate.
Acquia is seeking a Software Engineer who can help lead our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services. The successful candidate will have a tremendous ability to affect change while working on deep technical challenges using the latest technologies.
As an Infrastructure Services SW Engineer, you will be responsible for a wide range of internal systems, tooling and automations from developing CI to managing systems integrations to owning and evolving Acquia’s existing product monitoring services and more. You will work with your fellow IS engineers, Product Engineering, Operations and Customer Success teams to identify inefficiencies in our current services and processes, then propose and implement changes to streamline or automate remediation.
Acquia’s products run 100% on Amazon Web Services using EC2, CloudFormation, and various other technologies and best practices. Since each product is built and maintained by its own engineering team, the ideal candidate for this position would need to be proactive in familiarizing themselves with those services and have the ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams.
- Work on Acquia’s fully Cloud based infrastructure developing far reaching modules that have scalability and availability at their core. Contribute to our efforts to revolutionize the way we build, test, operate and monitor our cloud-based products and services.
- Contribute as part of a larger team to maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with a strong focus on the operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, emergency response, capacity planning, etc)
- Research, propose, and implement third-party solutions, where necessary, to improve our services or streamline and remediate
- Monitor and report back on the impact of any implemented changes
- Work with Acquia’s Engineering teams to test and deploy changes to production
- Analyze monitoring trends and raise customer - or product - related issues to the necessary teams
- Help find ways to reduce manual effort spent identifying and remediating issues with our products
- BS in Computer Science, or a comparable field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in developing applications using programming languages like Python and Ruby
- Hands-on experience building and operating distributed systems and/or service oriented architectures
- Familiarity with design patterns; writing clean, maintainable code
- Experience working with AWS services- EC2, EBS, ALB, ECS, EKS, VPC, S3, Route 53, Lamda, AMI, SQS, DynamoDB, Step functions, Code pipeline, Code Deploy.
- Hands on experience working with DevOps framework and tools- Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience working with Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform and Cloud formation
- Experience with one or more of Monitoring tools- Nagios, SignalFX, Grafana, Prometheus and New Relic.
- Maintain system configurations as per the standard baselines and fix any deviations
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems administration using the CLI
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/UDP networking concepts
- Solid oral and written communications skills
- Solid team collaboration and leadership skills
- Experience building systems on cloud technology (AWS, GCE, Rackspace, Openstack)
- Experience with performance data, and configuring alerts based on anomalies or issues
- Experience deploying and supporting Single Sign-On and Identity Management solutions
- Familiarity with Agile processes (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.