Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine. We’ve been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. At Acquia we are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking a Director of Product Marketing to helm the effort to evangelize and position Acquia’s Marketing Cloud and associated products. This includes Acquia Lift, Acquia Journey, and Acquia Mautic. This role will require both individual contributor efforts, with the opportunity to manage team-members based on growth of the products.
Your efforts will be greatly informed by customer and sales interactions, in order to develop a command of your target audience, key pain points they are experiencing, Acquia’s unique value proposition and the competitive landscape. You will use this knowledge to create and manage the go-to-market strategy, messaging and positioning, and storytelling for Acquia’s Marketing Cloud solutions. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Marketing, this individual will help lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of product messaging, market positioning, competitive analysis, thought leadership, and sales enablement. This individual will work collaboratively with marketing, product management, product owners, sales leadership and channels, and the partner team to define strategy and drive go-to-market programs that deliver results.
- Lead the effort to identify key customer value for the Marketing Cloud product line - including Acquia Lift, Acquia Journey and Acquia Mautic - to articulate differentiation in a rapidly evolving market.
- Engage readily with the direct and partner sales teams to align with customer requirements and field needs.
- Identify and refine target personas, industries, and accounts, while developing content to support the sales cycle. Develop competitive analysis reports to support overall GTM.
- Work directly with Product Marketing leaders, the product marketing team, and the corporate marketing team to help plan and execute annual and quarterly GTM process and demand generation plans.
- Lead and create sales enablement strategy to train the Acquia sales team on the product vision, messaging, market positioning, product capabilities, competitive and effective solution selling techniques.
- Work closely with the product management team to make sure we continue to deliver high impact products and launches that meet the demands of the market. Translate product capabilities into features, benefits, and value propositions for customers.
- Work directly with corporate marketing leadership to develop a content for media/PR programs to generate interest in Acquia’s product portfolio. Work with the teams to deliver compelling assets to key stakeholders including sales collateral, white papers, website, email, social, newsletters, blog posts, speaking opportunities, webinars, etc.
- 25% domestic and international travel required.
- Strong preference for candidates previously in a marketing role at a company offering a martech solution, or a role responsible for familiarity with the martech market, personas, requirements and offerings.
- An understanding of enterprise cloud technology and their value. Preferred experience with Drupal, application hosting, and application development technologies
- 5-7 years experience in product marketing for SaaS software or related technologies.
- Successful track record creating product marketing plans, solution collateral, and participation in sales enablement.
- A passion for enterprise software with a track record of developing differentiated messaging and positioning for marketing software products, comprehensive market research, and collateral.
- An outstanding communicator, presenter and proven public speaker to prospects/customers and internal executives at conferences, trade shows, webinars, and company meetings.
- Influence: Define and present innovative ideas to the product marketing team and get buy-in to support your big ideas.
- Results-Oriented: Able to drive to exceed goals, execute consistently, and deliver outstanding results.
- Excellent communicator and storyteller: You’re passionate about evangelizing and sharing product knowledge, engaging with any audience, and discussing core value propositions to both business and technical audiences as needed. You are second to none in writing, presentation and evangelism skills.
- Subject Matter Expert: You are a product, market, and competitive expert - the go to resource for executives and key internal teams including sales, marketing and products for your deep understanding of the product portfolio and advice.
- Data-Driven: You love metrics and numbers, especially SaaS metrics, usage patterns, lead conversions, and pipeline analysis. Dig deep to obtain and analyze data, and use it to inform your planning and confirm your decisions.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.