Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world.
Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Brighton, Paris, Munich, and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
Acquia provides both an open cloud digital experience platform and professional services to enterprise customers. A recent acquisition of Cohesion, a UK based low-code platform for building enterprise grade websites at scale has opened new opportunities for Acquia to enable organizations to launch Drupal websites much faster, while still offering unprecedented creative freedom, brand consistency, and governance for digital marketers and content authors.
You will take on responsibilities across the development stack with your primary focus being Drupal back end custom module development. You will work to improve the quality, scalability and security of existing features on the product and plan and execute on those features. Strong communication skills and a collaborative work style are essential.
The Cohesion acquisition by Acquia provides a unique opportunity for a highly motivated senior Drupalist looking to further their career over the long term.
As a Drupal Developer, you will...
- Develop new features within the Cohesion suite of modules
- Work with the existing Acquia stack of products
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Functional test writing in ES6 using Cypress
- Collaborate closely with other team members and stakeholders
We'e looking for collaborative people who have...
- Strong experience developing and maintaining Drupal 8.x custom modules
- Strong experience writing and maintaining Twig templates
- Experience designing technical solutions from a functional spec and communicating those solutions to the team
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX with the Drupal forms API
- Familiarity with build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp.js and Webpack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as git
- Unit test writing with PHPUnit
- Some dev-ops experience including DrupalVM (Vagrant) and / or Docker as well as shell scripting
Extra credit if you have...
- Exposure to functional testing frameworks such as https://www.cypress.io
- Exposure to Acquia enterprise products including Content Hub, Acquia Cloud, etc.
- Exposure to build tools such as https://www.acquia.com/products-services/acquia-blt
- Some experience writing or maintaining PHP microservices
- Some experience using CI/CD tools including Jenkins CI
- Module or core contributions on Drupal.org
Soft skills needed
- Pride in the work delivered and tremendous attention to detail
- Go the extra mile to deliver high quality work on time
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Very competitive salary from the world’s largest player in the Drupal space
- Private health insurance including pre-existing conditions
- Private dental plan
- 1:1 matched pension contributions