Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for an experienced Office Administrator on a part-time basis from approximately late October 2019 through February 2020 based in the Portland office. [Hours will be 9:00 am - 1:00 pm, Monday through Thursday.] This position will play an integral role in performing office administrative tasks, as well as ensuring the employees have adequate support to work efficiently. Qualified candidates will have impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task and a friendly demeanor.
- Greet all guests – you are the face of Acquia!
- Assist the Manager of Global Facilities with events and meeting planning when necessary
- Additionally responsible for organizing the holiday party
- Ensure tidiness of lobby and kitchen area at all times
- Order office and shipping supplies
- Order food and beverages
- Accept incoming FedEx, UPS, and Amazon deliveries
- Assign desks and help with the facilities side of the new hire process
- Assist with printing and other small tasks for departments when necessary
- Fill out badge request and property removal forms
- Send maintenance requests as needed
- Send badge programming requests to IT
- Assist with ordering business cards
- Keep a running inventory of all food, office supplies and beverages
- Organize the storage closet
- Responsible for coordinating with several departments to facilitate a move within the same building; including packing and unpacking/organizing the new space.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping principles and office management systems and procedures
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g. printer, scanner, air-conditioners etc..)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – extremely approachable
- Multitasking and great prioritizing
- Detail oriented with a flair for coordination
- Flexibility of schedule at times - especially surrounding the move and the holiday party
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Works well independently; uses good judgment and makes sound decisions.
- Performs work with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work
- Acts upon the feedback received and thanks to people for their insight. Is open to new ideas and listens to other people’s points of view.
- Demonstrates a clear sense of their role, responsibilities, and purpose within a working team
- Demonstrates that they are more concerned with doing the right thing than being right
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.