Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are searching for a Mid-Market Account Executive (AE) to join our growing team. As a critical and high profile quota-carrying role, we are seeking someone who is smart, ambitious and has regularly out-performed his or her peers. The ideal candidate will fit into the energetic Acquia culture, you are driven by your performance and career goals. In this role, you will manage and close deals in Acquia’s Middle Market account and prospect base by cultivating deep relationships with prospective customers, partnering with them to determine their needs and delivering world-class service.
Passion, drive, and creativity are just some of the basic skills and traits we are looking for in an Account Executive. Experience handling full-life cycle sales in an individual contributor environment, along with working with partners to drive our business forward in a specified territory is key to being a successful Acquian sales representative. The role will be based in Boston and will require some travel (about 35%) for onsite client meetings.
- Identify new business opportunities at mid market companies. Engage with senior level executives within these organizations.
- Develop strong relationships and identify prospect needs at all decision-making levels.
- Stay current on competitor offerings and be able to identify their strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Turn client feedback into actionable strategies to drive new business and address competitive risks.
- Influence client decisions and advocate for client needs to negotiate win-win solutions.
- Work closely with various functional teams including Product Development, Account Management and Project Management teams to ensure seamless implementation and effective ongoing account growth.
- Collaborate effectively across internal teams and create an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
- Engage with our channel partners and various subject matter experts to drive sales opportunities.
- Travel to client meetings as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- A minimum of 3-6 years of sales/client origination experience, preferably with CMS experience.
- Experience negotiating large strategic deals including all phases of client development: prospecting, proposal development, negotiation and ongoing relationship management.
- Have intellectual agility and an entrepreneurial mindset; demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency in acquiring and serving clients.
- Experience and the know-how to work in a start-up, fast paced technology environment.
- Ability to learn and absorb new products quickly and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
- Strong understanding of the SaaS business model for solutions delivery.
- Confident presentation skills, and must have 'presence' in front of the C-suite customer with the communications skills to articulate a value proposition to a wide range of organizational and functional levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.