Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of FP&A, the Manager Equity and Incentive Compensation Analysis and Accounting role is a new role chartered with the build out of an end-to-end incentive compensation function from equity issuance to analysis to incentive strategy. The role is responsible for managing all finance-related aspects of the company’s incentive compensation plans including stock plans and stock-based compensation, bonus programs, and other incentive plans. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to leverage their technical accounting background while transitioning into a broader analyst role driving the processes and influencing strategies that will make our incentive plans more effective and more efficient.
Planning and Analysis-
- Work with Finance, Legal, and Human Resources to plan and manage the company’s equity and other incentive compensation programs including analysis and benchmarking of type, amounts, cost, and other relevant factors
- Develop processes for accurate and timely reporting of incentive programs, stock compensation matters including stock compensation cost, equity burn rates, available pool statistics, bonus metrics and other variable compensation plan costs and metrics
- Oversee administration all of the company's equity programs and ensure that all equity transactions are accurately processed and settled in a timely manner
- Maintain the company’s equity data using Solium Shareworks
- Maintain the company’s capitalization (“CAP”) table
- Participate in forecasting the company’s incentive compensation related expenses
- Work with vendors for outsourced administration and transactions, focusing on controls, accuracy and timeliness
Accounting and Reporting-
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of incentive compensation expenses
- Ensure proper tax accounting related to incentive compensation matters
- Research and draft the company’s positions and policies regarding incentive compensation, specifically, stock compensation
- Develop policies, procedures, and controls that will be SOX compliant
- Draft equity and other incentive compensation related footnotes for annual and quarterly financial statements
- Prepare Board of Directors and Compensation Committee materials and reports related to incentive compensation
- Establish and facilitate and internal compensation committee that regularly reviews key data and plan development with the CEO, CFO, CPO and General Counsel
- Manage all aspects of the company’s audit related to stock and incentive compensation with a Big 4 firm
- Participate in M&A transactions including analysis of stock consideration, due diligence, integration, and incentive programs
- Research stock liquidity programs including Nasdaq Private Company markets and similar
- Research and develop programs for issuing equity or other incentive plans in new countries and markets as the company expands its business into new countries
- Other special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 + years of relevant and progressive work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in stock administration, including experience supporting multinational companies with global operations
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of equity administration and management, including accounting, tax, and legal concepts
- Advanced Excel skills
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation preferred, or willingness to obtain sponsored certification.
- Experience with equity administration systems- Solium Shareworks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Must have very strong communication and customer service mindset
- Willingness to take on additional projects as necessary.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.