Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for customer support experts and technical advisors to join our Support Engineering team to help us provide exceptional service to our growing customer base, from Fortune 500 clients to Government agencies. Acquia Support is a high-energy team that offers opportunities for growth and new challenges in a collaborative, supportive atmosphere.
We are looking for smart, focused and determined individuals who have a proven ability to listen, read between the lines, diagnose and solve problems efficiently. You get to advise Acquia customers on how to get the most from Acquia products and guide them through issues ranging from “why is my site slow” to "there's a module for that" scenarios. You’ll be part of a close-knit team of professionals helping customers all over the globe overcome obstacles and resolve issues related to their websites.
- You have been accused of being a problem solver – You will resolve immediate customer pain, then work with others on the team to suggest long term fixes to prevent future issues.
- You have a conversational understanding of the LAMP stack and are excited by the thought of developing skill and knowledge in this realm.
- You have a background in site development and/or PHP development. Drupal development is a plus.
- You are comfortable using the command line and with version control
- You love working with people from all over the world.
- You are the one your friends and family go to when their computer is having issues. You are able to speak to many different technical (and non-technical) levels, and enjoy doing so.
Skills and Attributes:
- You have 2+ years of experience in technical customer support or a client engagement position preferred.
- You are smart and keep your head up in the face of a challenge. Sites are down and applications aren’t working! You’ll need to handle emotional people with compassion, and exude confidence while doing so.
- You are a quick study and enjoy learning new skills. There are always new technologies and approaches – You will always level up your acronyms.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Varnish, Nginx, Apache, Node.js are welcome.
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered.
- Performs with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work. Constantly questions: “How will this benefit the customer?”
- Goes beyond your day-to-day work to assist customers in a positive manner. Takes initiative to improve outcomes, processes, or measurements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline is a plus, though relevant experience on the job is just fine.
Every candidate comes to the table with a different set of skills and attributes. If you’ve read this far and feel like you have most, but not all of the skills, apply anyway! Tell us why you are a good fit for Acquia. We like go-getters.
Acquia is committed to achieving a diverse workforce. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.