Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Business Development Manager will lead the efforts of a BDR team responsible for pipeline creation via inbound lead follow-up and outbound calling. The position reports directly to the EMEA Sales Director.
The leader we seek must be able to assume the role of a salesperson, coach and team player who operates with a sense of urgency. The Business Development Manager must be able to quickly integrate into and understand the unique offering presented by Acquia to ensure attainment of both revenue and pipeline targets.
Acquia is seeking a candidate who can think strategically and execute tactically. He/she will be data and metrics driven, hands on, detail oriented, articulate and credible and have the ability to instil confidence in the team.
The specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Hire, on-board, and train high quality candidates
- Consistently exceed revenue and pipeline creation goals
- Define gaps to performance goals and solve problems in or out of their control
- Creates Sales Plays that result in improved performance and/or improved sales effectiveness
- Accountable to make critical decisions based on financial plan; assess resources, compensation, or sales talent needs
- Engage reps and coach/develop to close identified gaps; ensure the best overall team possible to deliver results
- Accountable for effective personal development plans with managers and reps
- Accountable for regular and effective performance improvement plans
- Accountable for effective succession planning and anticipating moves
- Set clear performance expectations and delivers regular, effective communication to teams, peers, and manager(s)
- Understand and achieve company operating plan targets
- Accountable for accurate forecasting Monthly Quarterly Revenue forecast
- Partner with internal resources to resolve client or operational issues and remove roadblocks from team
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- This individual should also have a strong background in running high volume inbound / outbound pipeline generation teams.
- Bachelor degree is required
- Significant experience in Business Development Management & Leadership experience, selling Technology-based services & solutions;
- Proven solution selling skills
- Demonstrated sales leadership experience; proven ability to own, develop and lead results-focused sales teams – most show a strong history of quota achievement
- Strong Forecasting and analytical skills
- Energetic, smart, dynamic, aggressive and strategic (has intellectual horsepower)
- Strong executive presence; ability to command respect (internal and external); crisp, to the point & confident / not cocky
- Ability to work effectively within a dynamic, fast paced and ever changing environment
- Good communicator with the ability to articulate a strong value proposition
- Attention to detail and high level of accountability are imperative
- Self-starter who can set and manage priorities
- Considered to be a strong coach and motivator
- Has strong work ethic and integrity for their work
- Experienced with tools such as Excel, Power Point and Salesforce.com