Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
We are seeking an ambitious Regional Account Manager responsible for delivering against renewal targets as well as developing & maintaining existing customer relationships within the public sector. This role will proactively engage in the day-to-day Account Management of accounts and must be be able to mitigate customer escalations and risks with the appropriate sense of urgency, and build strong cross-departmental relationships with other stakeholders in the organization. They will become the customer’s advocate within Acquia creating a positive customer experience that ultimately results in the renewal of the subscription and account growth. This role will work directly with Acquia Sales, Technical Support, Operations and Finance.
This position is designed for an individual who has account management experience, a high attention to detail and strives for customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have past experience working for a technology company. This is a great opportunity to hit a hot market with best-of-breed open source technology and be the front lines of our Account Management program.
The specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Exceed quarterly renewal goals
- Maintain solid relationships with customers and ownership of customers’ success with Acquia platform services
- Guide customers through onboarding of products and services
- Maintain control of account direction and strategy
- Build relationships with strategic leadership level customer contacts
- Identify new opportunities and work with Sales reps to drive them to a close
- Coordinate with business users and procurement to ensure timely renewals
- Update and maintain Sales database as appropriate
- Must be able to proactively drive accounts with minimal oversight
- Strong collaboration with internal teams
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
In order to be successful at Acquia, you must have the following types of traits & skill set
- 1-5 years working in a sales / account management role for a technology company in the public sector space
- Strong leadership, teamwork, communication & cross-group collaboration skills
- Proven track record of sustaining & growing complex relationships including closing the renewal and assisting with up sell / cross sell opportunities
- Prior experience procuring contracts within the public sector
- Has owned & exceeded a renewals quota
- Renewal forecasting & analytical skills
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter who can set and manage priorities
- MS Office knowledge, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other CRM tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.